Daily Use IEM Advice (warning - sub-audiophile inside)

I searched around and didn't see anything really dedicated to your daily-use travel / commuting IEM.  Everyone seems to spend a lot of time with their cans / amps at home, but what do you use when you're on the move?  There's a HUGE price spectrum for IEMs, presumably the high end of which is inconsequential considering the quality of music I assume most people are listening to on their phones while on the move.  Although I appreciate the audiophile perspective on the rest of the sub-forum, I am looking for a more relaxed perspective here.

I am in the market for a decent sounding IEM for my everyday commute.  Comfort and sound are the two biggest factors, as they'll be spending a lot of time in my ears, and I'd like to get the best sound out of my - albeit limited - resource: iPhone 6, Spotify, Music, Podcasts.  Don't shoot.  Can't bring my turntable with me anyway.  I'm in the ~$100 range.  I also have relatively big ears that previous IEMs have had a hard time staying in.  I listen to a decent variety of music... mostly punk / hardcore / indie / emo, some rap and hip hop, some electronic music.  E.g., I want to hear instrumentation while listening to Fucked Up, get good punch listening to Danny Brown, and feel the warmth listening to Purity Ring.

Although there are a lot of solid brands that have been cranking out mid-range consumer IEMs forever (Sennheiser, Shure, JBL, Sony), there are a lot of smaller companies, many overseas, that are putting out solid sounding IEMs are far more affordable prices (Brainwavz, Hifiman, MEElectronics).  Who has experience with what?

Some of the top choices I am considering are:

Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear

RHA MA750
Brainwavz B2
and, I hate to say it, Bose SoundTrue In-Ear

I admit I could be completely off by sound profile having never actually tried any of these myself, so I'm looking for good suggestions with some examples / reasoning.

Also, if this thread belongs merged elsewhere, I apologize.  Otherwise, I hope you all have some good insight.  Thanks!

I use Apple earbuds. I don't see the point of high end IEM to listen to mp3s off my iPhone at a low level.

I can't use the standard apple earbuds for more than 15 minutes before my ears start to hurt. 

I keep a pair in my desk at work and use them sometimes when I forget my normal earbuds at home and I have to juggle them from ear to ear all day. 

I use $25 skullcandy's because I mostly end up using my headphones at the gym and go through 2 pairs a year.

I bought my gf some Beyerdynamic MMX 102iE's after reading a review here http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-100-in-ear-headphones/

She really seems to like them.

i considered those.  what do you listen to / what do you like about them?

My musical taste vary, but I'd say I listen to a lot of punk/hardcore/metal.  

As far as what I like, they have a nice bit of bass and it's accurate.  A lot of IEM's bass seems to blow out and distort, but not these.  They are also really good in the mids department.  

The sound stage isn't super deep but I think that is a problem with most IEM's.  That said, the sound stage is accurate and at times can feel very wide which is something that most IEMs fail at.

I would definitely recommend them.  They are great for the price tag. 

My musical taste vary, but I'd say I listen to a lot of punk/hardcore/metal.  

As far as what I like, they have a nice bit of bass and it's accurate.  A lot of IEM's bass seems to blow out and distort, but not these.  They are also really good in the mids department.  

The sound stage isn't super deep but I think that is a problem with most IEM's.  That said, the sound stage is accurate and at times can feel very wide which is something that most IEMs fail at.

I would definitely recommend them.  They are great for the price tag. 

thanks for the info.  exactly what i was looking for in terms of detail and experience.

You aren't dedicated to audio.

I was actually thinking about this a few weeks ago.  audiophile listener surgical modification.  carbon fiber replacement ear cups.  anti-resonant acrylic canals.  maybe some anti-vibration spike ass implants. 

simple DIY solution, cram a wad of room treatment foam in your mouth.  MDF mouth guard?

Analog Planet is going to decapitate Michael Fremer and suspend his severed head using super-cooled magnets for the ultimate listening experience.

shit got dark.

I have used the Shure SE 215's for years and recommend them highly. Good sound, rugged, and the cord is replaceable which is very handy. I've tried some of the smaller companies like Jays and while the sound was nice they were fragile and getting service was a nightmare. Shure are available everywhere and they honor their warranty with no problems.

I have used the Shure SE 215's for years and recommend them highly. Good sound, rugged, and the cord is replaceable which is very handy. I've tried some of the smaller companies like Jays and while the sound was nice they were fragile and getting service was a nightmare. Shure are available everywhere and they honor their warranty with no problems.

I couldn't remember the model number, but I have some Shures that I like and I think they are this or a similar model. They retailed for $150 at the time (6-7 years ago). Extended listening sessions could get irritating, but the isolation and SQ were nice for iPhone use.

Shure's are great for what you are after. My pair (prior to removable cord) finally went after about 9 years, and only because the cord disconnect from the IEM at the point they are normally removable. I sent them to Shure and it was like $20 to have them replace the cord for me. Then a few weeks later I had a friend that owned hers for a few months accidentally shut them in the front door behind her as she left for a jog. I told her to just call them, and they fixed them free of charge all she did was pay the few dollar shipping to get the IEM's to Shure. 

I also have a pair of OstryKC KC06's that I got off massdrop for like $40 to just leave at work a little while ago. Similar to the Shure's they come with a few different sizes of tips for all various ear types. Only complaint is they were all the dome shaped tips, where Shure includes foam ones that expand like regular construction ear-plugs - great for the weird shaped ears out there that just don't get along with typical earbuds. Sound is pretty good for what I paid. 

So if you can drop the $100, get yourself a pair of Shure's. Otherwise, I'd probably just scour massdrop for some random pair that fit your budget. 

I use Soundmagic E10 and really like them. Plus, they come with like 6 pairs of different ear tips.

http://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-Isolating-In-Ear-Earphones-BlackGunmetal/dp/B005HP3OB0

I second the brand Soundmagic. I use the Soundmagic E30 most days now.

http://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-Isolating-In-Ear-Monitor-Earphones/dp/B005HJ38OO

They are a very nice sounding pair that are inexpensive. Non-fatiguing, and fairly well-balanced across the spectrum. Throw on some Comply foam tips and you get excellent isolation with the E30s. The build is a cheap plastic look though. And they don't insert terribly deep into the ear canal (which may or may not be a problem for you.)

I've gone through quite a few pairs of IEMs in the past, Ulimate Ears, Shure, Klipsch, etc. My favorites were Shure SE530s. Now I run the SE535s when I travel. Shure definitely produces solid IEMs. Their 210s would be a good start, though I have found them to have lacking bass.

Check out Westone and their entry level IEMs (model = W1). If you could find a used pair Westone W3 (check Head-fi.com), you won't be dissappointed. Might be able to find a used pair for $150-200. The W2 (dual driver) is also a nice alternative.

I had these for awhile and really enjoyed them.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultimate-600vi-Noise-Isolating-Headset/dp/B003YKG2UK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1424285493&sr=8-3&keywords=ultimate+ears

These weren't bad either. But, I think I broke my pair.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-985-000364-Logitech-Isolating-Headset/dp/B006Y3IDX8/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1424285538&sr=8-18&keywords=ultimate+ears

I second Etymotic. They invented insert earphones back in the 80s, so they've been around. I picked up the HF5, the model below their flagship on an Amazon warehouse deal for $70. They retail for about $130. 

I prefer more of an uncolored sound so the HF5s work great for me. My iPhone drives them just fine and I get an accurate flat, natural response out of them. Bass-lovers need not apply. They come with a variety of different-sized tips, so I was able to find a great fit that also almost makes these noise-cancelling.