High Fidelity Soundtrack FINALLY Coming Back to Vinyl

I always wondered if that was someone's collection or did everyone on set bring in their rare shit for that scene.

If I remember correctly, it was someone's personal collection that they rented for use in the movie. If they were all legit, I can only imagine the insurance rider on it to ensure it was safe.

The best scene didn't even make it into the movie: 

I love the movie to death, but then I read the book after I saw it and was disappointed this scene didn't make the cut. Then I found it on the DVD a year or two later and was ludicrously excited. There's even another scene that is in the movie where he gets a phone call and talks to a woman (presumably the one from the cut scene) over the phone about checking out some records.

The book is really good. Probably better than the movie.

Nick Hornby is great, his books lend themselves fantastically to movie adaptations. About a Boy is wonderful too. It's a shame they botched A Long Way Down - I think it's the only time I think I've ever been so frustrated by a movie that I've turned it off in the middle. 

He's my favorite actor that plays the same person in every film (like Adam Sandler or Bruce Willis). My favorite actor is Paul Giamatti. Not that any of that is actually relevant.

When is anything relevant?

Funny/embarrassing kind of relevant story relating to this movie:

A few weeks ago my British Literature class started up and we were doing introductions that included our name, major, favorite movie, and something interesting about ourselves. I get really weird and can't think when put on the spot like this so I just spit out the last movie I saw in theaters (instead of saying High Fidelity) and just said "uh, I'm Brandon, I'm an english major, I'm a dad, my favorite movie is Interstellar," and everyone gave me this look like I was the biggest freak on earth.

Although not as embarrassing as the season one Jesse Pinkman look-alike who said his favorite movie was 22 JUMP STREET

Edit: yes, 22 Jump Street

When is anything relevant?

Funny/embarrassing kind of relevant story relating to this movie:

A few weeks ago my British Literature class started up and we were doing introductions that included our name, major, favorite movie, and something interesting about ourselves. I get really weird and can't think when put on the spot like this so I just spit out the last movie I saw in theaters (instead of saying High Fidelity) and just said "uh, I'm Brandon, I'm an english major, I'm a dad, my favorite movie is Interstellar," and everyone gave me this look like I was the biggest freak on earth.

Although not as embarrassing as the season one Jesse Pinkman look-alike who said his favorite movie was 22 JUMP STREET

Edit: yes, 22 Jump Street

all of that just made me lol. I can't imagine saying my favorite movie was Interstellar. It was really good, but i actually like MM's Lincoln commercials slightly more.

• 2 months later...