been a while, so Tor Johnson update thing-y

torpaul

its been a hot minute since i made a post. figured i'd make one....cause...why not. 

some shit has been announced. Sea Of Storms LP called Dead Weight is off to the plant. putting that out with the awesome dudes at Self Aware Records. we're working on a split 7" with Burlington's Tyler Daniel Bean and NJ's Au Revoir. the amazing Will Schaff (Godspeed, Brown Bird, Magnolia Co, etc) is doing all the art. also a 7" from new Boston band Aneurysim (featuring mem. The Network) is going to come up summer-ish. super excited about all this. might see some movement on the Moment 2xLP Discography...but i'm not holding my breath anymore.

in other news, we went through the entire webstore and slashed some prices. so check that out. and we still have copies of all our insane releases from 2014. 

got a bunch of shows in the works in PVD. two in March, one in May, and one in June. Bloodpheasant is on tour now, Late Bloomer will be on tour in late March, and Sea Of Storms goes on tour in June (to coorespond with the release of the LP). so...yup!

• 1 month later...

fuck it, giving this a little bump.

stuff has sort of stalled on the Tyler Daniel Bean / Au Revoir split. Tyler broke his ankle at the beginning of the year and can't really leave Burlington. so we are in a holding pattern until he can record his side. we did get the art from Will though and it is AMAZING! can't wait for everyone to see it. we're planning on making prints with the guys at Ghost Town Studios Printing for pre-orders whenever that happens.

the Sea Of Storms LP Dead Weight is at the plant now. looking like an early summer release. they are hitting the road in June and will have copies in one form or another.

the 3 song Aneurysm 7" titled "Veronica" will be going to the plant around the end of the month. looking forward to this. fuzzed out rock & roll recorded with Will at Dead Air. just have to tie up some loose ends with this one before its ready to go off.

it looks like the Moment 2x LP Discography is getting closer to a reality. we're hoping to get it off to the plant by the end of the year and shoot for an early 2016 release. it'll be Songs For The Self-Destructive on one LP and everything else on another. we're working on a letter-pressed & silk screened packaging, a zine style insert, fun colors, etc etc.

as always, it would be rad if you checked out the webstore. tons of rad stuff in there.

• 2 months later...

LOVE THAT SONG!! i am seriously so excited about this project. its been about 3 years in the making. it'll be Songs For The Self-Destructive on one LP and everything else on the 2nd (the 5 song ep, 4 song 7", 3 song demo tape, the split song, song off the "Boston & Beyond" comp, and unreleased songs). it'll be packaged in a letter-pressed & silk screened chipboard sleeve. since there is no possible reunion, the project gets pushed back so the plan is to start the packaging (since we are doing the silkscreening by hand) in the fall and send out the lps by the end of the year.

speaking of TWW....since i grew up on those bands and with all those bands....i've been thinking alot about a vinyl release of Somnambulists once the Moment project is done....but i haven't talked to those guys yet. one project at a time. hahaha

That sounds epic and amazing!!! Not to sound insensitive but why is there no possibility for a reunion? 

There Were Wires release would be just as epic! Seeing them play again would be crazy. I also grew up with these bands and am from RI! 

Someone has to do an As the sun sets Lp of 7744 and 8949....and they have to have a reunion with the original line up....wana do that???

i don't want to air their dirty laundry (nor is it my place) but one member has burned a lot of bridges and would make a reunion pretty impossible (most of my communications with this member about the release needed to be with his brother). the other 4 guys have really moved on and would not want to do it under these circumstances. the reality is, this release exists because i want to own it and i want it to exist. 

the TWW idea would be amazing!! that is a band with at least the possiblity of the reunion. hahaha. but we'll see. one ridiculous project at a time. haha.

well....i don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but Robotic has been working on an ASTS discography w/dvd for...4 years? supposedly its in the works still. i guess metal mike has been the main hold-up, but who knows the status with it.

from RI? cool!! i'm originally from the boston suburbs, but i've been in providence since 2000, running the label since 02.

What?!?!?!? Metal Mike?? I'm on it and I'll at least find out whats up about this.

I picked up ATSS Each individual... on Blue vinyl last year and it is outrageously good. 

I appreciate your dedication to this project and there are other fans out there man!! 

Originally from Johnston. Went to as many hardcore shows as I could in high school. I'll look up some flyers tonight hahah.  

dude, seriously, anything with moment on it, if you want to scan it i'll take it. we're trying to make a zine style insert, so the more content the better. so pissed i get rid of my old flyers when i moved...but i think Thomas said he found a bunch of stuff at his parent's house...so fingers crossed. hahahaha.

but thank you so much!! people like you are the reason i keep pushing on this project!

This is all I could find on a quick search. This is from RI Thrash Mafia, which I believe was Trash Art!, and it was one of my first shows in olnyville so I had to write Wes's Ribs on the flyer haha but you can barely see that. Not sure of the year but 2001 or 2002 I'm guessing.Will look for more stuff. 

2n71uz5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• gonna give this guy a bump. Sea Of Storms LP is out and shipping. if you run a distro/store/whatever, you can contact me directly or order from Ebullition, Stickfigure, or Deathwish. Aneurysm 45 test presses should be in our hands soon. we'll be announcing pre-orders with a pretty rad give-away soon. Tyler Daniel Bean will be going into Dead Air in August/September to record his half of the Au Revoir split 7". the Moment Discography is rolling along. and we have a couple other surprises up our sleeves. it would be really rad if you checked out the webstore and maybe picked something up (even something not TJR). help grease the wheels of industry and keep the record mill flowing. thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
bump-ty bump

-tons of new stuff in the webstore from Robotic & Adagio. other good stuff has been discounted. try out some new stuff. if you are a band/label/whatever, hit us up for trade/consignment.

-sea of storms lp is out. pick it up! stores? order it from us, ebullition, stickfigure or deathwish.

-aneurysm tests are on the way. more info soon. pre-orders are coming with the most ridiculous give aways we've ever done.

-tyler daniel bean/au revoir split back on track. probably late winter release.

-moment discography still pushing forward. early 2016 release planned.

-2 more 7"s and a couple LPs in the works for the future. fun fun always. check out the webstore and help grease the wheels of industry.