The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

3 hours ago, achillesstand7 said:

Do you know how long this sale is going on for? I'd like to go check it out, but can't make it tonight.

Most likely until they run out of stock, two hot topics here in houston have none left, and one of the store probably has about 50 (mostly afi, atreyu, bouncing souls, etc). As for ordering online from in store it may work depending on the employee, some haven't been able to according to the hot topic thread.

Just now, tlr said:

Most likely until they run out of stock, two hot topics here in houston have none left, and one of the store probably has about 50 (mostly afi, atreyu, bouncing souls, etc). As for ordering online from in store it may work depending on the employee, some haven't been able to according to the hot topic thread.

I didn't have any AFI locally  :c

1 hour ago, Twistedshabazz said:

just as an fyi in the upcoming hot topic thread there have been lengthy discussions on the 10 dollar sale going on.

There's nothing to discuss really. In store vinyl was $12, now it's $10. Some stores have employees that are misinformed/don't care and are allowing customers to place website orders for the in store sale price.

Go check out your local store to see if you can get away with it.

6 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

There's nothing to discuss really. In store vinyl was $12, now it's $10. Some stores have employees that are misinformed/don't care and are allowing customers to place website orders for the in store sale price.

Go check out your local store to see if you can get away with it.

The guy who ordered my stuff for me was the area manager, and he was more than happy to order me a shitload of records. He even talked about the ones he was gonna order for himself. This is one really fuckin weird sale. 

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

The guy who ordered my stuff for me was the area manager, and he was more than happy to order me a shitload of records. He even talked about the ones he was gonna order for himself. This is one really fuckin weird sale. 

Plot twist: Travis is the only HT employee being told the sale is "in store only"! NO MORE VINYL AT HOT TOPIC!

45 minutes ago, genicide said:

The dude that did it for me suggested it, and he was the store manager. Said he had someone in earlier and bought 175 albums since he was opening a record store or something (so a flipper). I guess it just depends.

Hahaha, that's amazing. It's like the old hot cash days. I hope Lazy Labrador is getting a nice restock order in.

GoHastings added "dozens of titles" to their 30% off section.

https://www.gohastings.com/browse/MUSIC/Ns/p_rank/Ne/2455/N/2457+4294928384+3631/departmentName/MUSIC.uts?from=HomePage8&utm_nooverride=1

I got: Trouble Will Find Me, Cope, Damage, Valtari, Asunder and Boxer for $99 shipped. Not too shab'.

Lots of cheap new and restock titles at Discogs from Collectors Choice (plus the usual slew of Bob Marley, Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix).  All prices under $10.00 (plus $2.99 postage each):

Sigur Ros 'Kveikur'  8.43

New Order 'Music Complete' clear vinyl     8.82

Queen 'Innuendo' remaster 2015   8.85

Tesseract 'Odyssey / Scala' with DVD      9.29

Muse 'Drones'      9.27

Seth McFarlane sings 'No One Ever Tells You'     8,.51

Mumford & Sons  'Wilder Mind'     8.67

Steve Martin & Edie Brickell 'So Familiar'    7.73

Suicidal Tendencies 'Controlled By Hatred' yellow vinyl 2016    8.61

Jason Mraz 'Love Is A Four Letter Word'    9.18

Johnny Marr of the Smiths  'Playland'    5.91

Rush 'Grace Under Pressure' reissue 2015  8.69