The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

1 hour ago, hallowken78 said:

They originated as deepdiscountdvd, then became deepdiscount.  If you click to login on deepdiscountdvd it just redirects to the deepdiscount address for logging in.  Not sure why the inventory would be different though.

Your right, I guess the inventory is the same. I was looking for something on the main site last week and they didn't have it in stock. When I searched for it on google, deepdiscountdvd popped up and I saw they had it listed for sale. Looks like the main site has it in stock now as well.

9 hours ago, Gippej said:

Your right, I guess the inventory is the same. I was looking for something on the main site last week and they didn't have it in stock. When I searched for it on google, deepdiscountdvd popped up and I saw they had it listed for sale. Looks like the main site has it in stock now as well.

Their search functionality is pretty horrendous too.  They are part of Alliance Entertainment which is an inventory distributor for a bunch of different sites...pretty sure Import CDs, Collector's Choice Music, and a bunch of others too.  So they'll have the same inventory and ship from the same warehouse space, but depending on what site you order through you can often find different pricing...

i bought Schoolboy Q - Blank Face LP,2pac - 2pacalypse Now LP (2Pac's debut album first time pressed in the US releases on the 11th of this month) & a Pocket Mini 60x LED Pocket Microscope for $45.01

Edited by ImmaculateKicks86

1 minute ago, Oldmusicbidnessguy said:

Vnyl, today only has a 2 month deal, 3 records curated for you for 19.99.  Shipping is free!  6 records for 39.98.  3 this month and 3 next month.  I figured why not.

You're gonna end up with Ed Sheeran records haha

2 hours ago, Oldmusicbidnessguy said:

Vnyl, today only has a 2 month deal, 3 records curated for you for 19.99.  Shipping is free!  6 records for 39.98.  3 this month and 3 next month.  I figured why not.

Seems like a waste of $$$.

6 records for $40 is great, if they are actually albums you would listen to. Otherwise, I'd rather spend it on a couple albums that I would actually listen to.

On 11/4/2016 at 5:27 PM, rds said:

Got my Merchandise Outlet order.  The Talking Heads LP is warped and skips throughout the first track.  Bummed.

Gonna play test the rest of my order.

Update: they were super fast and helpful about arranging a return and covering return postage. And I've since learned that this pressing of the Talking Heads album has widespread skipping issues- so a heads up if you've been looking to buy the recent repress of Speaking on Tongues.  Might be better to go for a used copy. 

3 hours ago, rds said:

Update: they were super fast and helpful about arranging a return and covering return postage. And I've since learned that this pressing of the Talking Heads album has widespread skipping issues- so a heads up if you've been looking to buy the recent repress of Speaking on Tongues.  Might be better to go for a used copy. 

I should get my MO order on Saturday.  Makes me a little nervous because I think the Death Cab record I ordered also has a history of skipping issues.  But it's good to know they stand behind it.  

Just now, YouTwo said:

I should get my MO order on Saturday.  Makes me a little nervous because I think the Death Cab record I ordered also has a history of skipping issues.  But it's good to know they stand behind it.  

You should be good, as far as any defects not being due to the company buying defective merchandise. I playtested the other 3 records and they were fine. I hope you don't end up with a defective copy. Good luck.

5 minutes ago, rds said:

You should be good, as far as any defects not being due to the company buying defective merchandise. I playtested the other 3 records and they were fine. I hope you don't end up with a defective copy. Good luck.

Ok cool.  I wasn't sure since it's an outlet type place if it was some kind of re-stock.  Hopefully you track down a good copy of that Talking Heads records.  It's s good.

33 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Ok cool.  I wasn't sure since it's an outlet type place if it was some kind of re-stock.  Hopefully you track down a good copy of that Talking Heads records.  It's s good.

I just bought an original press off Discogs. Can't wait to get it.  Thanks!

15 hours ago, rds said:

I got my merchandise outlet the other day. Jack Johnson's Inbetween Dreams. The B side is not Jack Johnson. I had to Shazam it on my phone to figure out what it was. The entire B side is filled with tracks from some Argentine band from the 70's. Pescado Rabioso.  The center label is the jack Johnson center label with the correct track listing, but obviously not was is actually pressed on the record. Not too upset considering I paid $11, still a bummer though. 

Anyone else order this album and have a similar issue or receive a correctly pressed version?

28 minutes ago, colossus52 said:

I got my merchandise outlet the other day. Jack Johnson's Inbetween Dreams. The B side is not Jack Johnson. I had to Shazam it on my phone to figure out what it was. The entire B side is filled with tracks from some Argentine band from the 70's. Pescado Rabioso.  The center label is the jack Johnson center label with the correct track listing, but obviously not was is actually pressed on the record. Not too upset considering I paid $11, still a bummer though. 

Anyone else order this album and have a similar issue or receive a correctly pressed version?

https://www.discogs.com/Jack-Johnson-In-Between-Dreams/release/1852455

Looks like you are not alone. It would be weird for just one record in a press to have that issue, it probably affected the entire press.

16 hours ago, rds said:

I picked up Speaking in Tongues from MO, and my copy is immaculate and skip free. :)  Aside from 77, all of the Rhino reissues I own sound better than my original pressings.

32 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

https://www.discogs.com/Jack-Johnson-In-Between-Dreams/release/1852455

Looks like you are not alone. It would be weird for just one record in a press to have that issue, it probably affected the entire press.

Ya. I assumed it was the entire press. I just didn't bother to check it out further. 

I didnt bother to listen listen to the entire B side. But it looks like based on the reviews it is just the first 3 tracks. Not worth my time trying to return it. I'll just enjoy the rarity of it and live on. 

Edited by colossus52

12 minutes ago, hype said:

They have some more copies of this available, I just grabbed one and it shows 3 still left.

Led Zeppelin House of The Holy (Super Deluxe Box Set) $34.99 Free Shipping

I was going to get two, one to keep and one to flip (sells for $70 average on Discogs). but then I noticed there are literally a dozen sellers on Amazon who are selling it for even cheaper. 

4 minutes ago, cannonfunk said:

I was going to get two, one to keep and one to flip (sells for $70 average on Discogs). but then I noticed there are literally a dozen sellers on Amazon who are selling it for even cheaper. 

Can you link them? I searched before and just right now and do not see any close to 35.