The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

On 3/8/2017 at 1:29 PM, Out Of Time said:

Grabbed the 10 LP deal. I'm a sucker and I can't say no. 

What did you end up getting?  

I bought two and they sent me literally the same ten records x2.  Was less pleased about that... When I messaged them they gave me the canned "you can get duplicates" response.  I understand I could get a few but the same records x 2 i think is bullshit...

Would be down for a trade if there are items you do not want!

4 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I bought two and they sent me literally the same ten records x2.  Was less pleased about that... When I messaged them they gave me the canned "you can get duplicates" response.  I understand I could get a few but the same records x 2 i think is bullshit...

So much for 'randomly selected'!

4 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

So much for 'randomly selected'!

They were like shrink wrapped in the bundle and it had a sticker that said 10x LP grab bag on it. You figured they would have a) more than 10 records total and b ) see i bought two and try and at least grab from another stack that would have less than 10 of the same record. 

As you can see i am a bit bitter on this as I have bought multiple grab bags from many labels, including relapse and never had that happen...

10 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

that's fucked up right there. What's anyone going to do with 10 copies of the same record. Sounds like a ploy to unload some dead stock. 

30 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Sounds like a ploy to unload some dead stock. 

I don't think it was ever advertised as not a ploy to get rid of dead stock... but the 10 records repeated is pretty garbage. All that said... did they have this line there when the grabbag was ordered? It sucks that the dups are the actual grabbags themselves and not individual records, but they gave a vague warning. 

"10 randomly selected LPs for $40.  May contain Relapse and 3rd party titles.  If ordering more than 1 grab bag, you may receive duplicates.  No refunds or exchanges."

13 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

They were like shrink wrapped in the bundle and it had a sticker that said 10x LP grab bag on it. You figured they would have a) more than 10 records total and b ) see i bought two and try and at least grab from another stack that would have less than 10 of the same record. 

As you can see i am a bit bitter on this as I have bought multiple grab bags from many labels, including relapse and never had that happen...

I'll buy the second grab off you? 

Sucks that they'd send two exact same packs. I'm always wary of things like that with grab bag deals. For just one pack, the Relapse grab bag seems pretty decent, though. I got a number of things I've been putting off buying for a while and, on the plus side, 2LP releases didn't count for 2 of the 10.

Christian Mistress - Possession

Opprobrium (Incubus)- Serpent Temptation

Goblin Rebirth - Goblin Rebirth

Bloodiest - st

Zombi - Cosmos

The Great Tyrant - The Trouble With Being Born

Coffins/Ilsa split

Zombi - Spirit Animal

Zombi - Shape Shift

Windhand - Grief's Infernal Flower

The last four are releases I own already, so if there were actually other releases in packs, I'd be interested in trades.

And to add some deals, Best Buy has two of the Melvins solo EPs for $6.99 each right now.

King Buzzo http://www.bestbuy.com/site/king-buzzo-lp-vinyl/32521289.p?skuId=32521289

Joe Preston http://www.bestbuy.com/site/joe-preston-lp-vinyl/32521302.p?skuId=32521302

1 hour ago, deletedunknown said:

Sucks that they'd send two exact same packs. I'm always wary of things like that with grab bag deals. For just one pack, the Relapse grab bag seems pretty decent, though. I got a number of things I've been putting off buying for a while and, on the plus side, 2LP releases didn't count for 2 of the 10.

Bloodiest - st

Zombi - Cosmos

Coffins/Ilsa split

Zombi - Spirit Animal

Zombi - Shape Shift

The last four are releases I own already, so if there were actually other releases in packs, I'd be interested in trades.

And to add some deals, Best Buy has two of the Melvins solo EPs for $6.99 each right now.

King Buzzo http://www.bestbuy.com/site/king-buzzo-lp-vinyl/32521289.p?skuId=32521289

Joe Preston http://www.bestbuy.com/site/joe-preston-lp-vinyl/32521302.p?skuId=32521302

Those are the exact same records i got x2. 

It did have that tag of you could get duplicates. Im totally okay and understand that. I bought two of the last round of grab bags from them and i think i got like 3 duplicates? And actually had distro items which cut down on the possibility of duplicates. I totally get that these are on deep discount and it is a risk to do it but you figure they would pay a bit more attention to what they are doing. 

12 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Those are the exact same records i got x2. 

It did have that tag of you could get duplicates. Im totally okay and understand that. I bought two of the last round of grab bags from them and i think i got like 3 duplicates? And actually had distro items which cut down on the possibility of duplicates. I totally get that these are on deep discount and it is a risk to do it but you figure they would pay a bit more attention to what they are doing. 

Same thing happened to me with a No Idea grab bag deal. Got 2 of everything, but that particular deal stated if you ordered anywhere from like 1-3 grab bags, you would be safe from duplicates, so I emailed and got it sorted out thankfully.

i ordered the 30 CDs for $30 instead of vinyl from Relapse. I got Ire Works by Dillinger and the latest Weekend Nachos so I'm pretty content. Some of the death metal they sent me is straight up hilarious though. 

I have never had much luck with grab bags and I've never really heard of anyone who has had luck. Mostly because I buy and own so many records that I don't need crap that a label/distro is just trying to dump. It only takes up more precious room on my shelves or I have to turn around and try and dump it on someone else. Grab bags are generally great for those starting new collections.

5 hours ago, deletedunknown said:

Bloodiest - st

Zombi - Cosmos

Coffins/Ilsa split

Zombi - Spirit Animal

Zombi - Shape Shift

Me and a friend each got these exact same albums.  Only one duplicate for me with the Windhand.

On 3/15/2017 at 10:38 AM, deletedunknown said:

Bloodiest - st

Zombi - Cosmos

Coffins/Ilsa split

Zombi - Spirit Animal

Zombi - Shape Shift

@deletedunknown If you got doubles of the windhand LP I'll take on off your hands

On 3/14/2017 at 9:11 PM, Twistedshabazz said:

I got pretty much the exact same thing that everyone else did.

-3 Zombi Lp's

-Windhand

-Christian Mistress

-Goblin Rebirth

-Bloodiest

-Coffins/Ilsa Split

-The Great Tyrant 

-Opprobrium 

I'm happy with them overall. With what I've previewed so far, I'm into it. Would have been great to have a little bit of variation in what other people received. 

ebay is having a flash sale $15 off $75 or more when you checkout via PayPal using promo code  CSAVE15OFFMARCH ( Offer is only valid until today, March 20, 2017 at 8pm PT.) when combined with ImportCDs save 25% off when you spend $60 or more promo you can save a nice amount of money.

ImportCDs save 25% off when you spend $60 link 

1 hour ago, ImmaculateKicks86 said:

ebay is having a flash sale $15 off $75 or more when you checkout via PayPal using promo code  CSAVE15OFFMARCH ( Offer is only valid until today, March 20, 2017 at 8pm PT.) when combined with ImportCDs save 25% off when you spend $60 or more promo you can save a nice amount of money.

ImportCDs save 25% off when you spend $60 link 

Thanks so much! Just completed my 4th order from import CDs. Their sale is too good. I have cleared out so much of my wantlist in the past 2 weeks now.

Edited by dnl

7 minutes ago, dnl said:

Thanks so much! Just completed my 4th order from import CDs. Their sale is too good. I have cleared out so much of my wantlist in the past 2 weeks now.

same here but i'm so insanely broke it's not funny.i was actually doing pretty good in not ordering any more vinyl till i saw this extra 15% off promo.i said i will not order anymore vinyl till i finish listening to all the vinyl i already purchased from this deal, that did not work out so well.

10 minutes ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

Has anyone ordered over 5 records in one shipment from importcds? I'm wondering how well they package them.

i have it's hit or miss it's usually all good but if they do come damaged it's a very minor ding or corner bend but at these prices i can't pass these deals up

Edited by ImmaculateKicks86

2 minutes ago, ImmaculateKicks86 said:

same here but i'm so insanely broke it's not funny.i was actually doing pretty good in not ordering any more vinyl till i saw this extra 15% off promo.i said i will not order anymore vinyl till i finish listening to all the vinyl i already purchased from this deal, that did not work out so well.

I've told myself that I will only buy with whatever is in my PayPal. Turns out it has been a good month for my eBay store and I've been able to buy all the stuff I've been dragging my feet on. 

2 minutes ago, axotyl said:

Basically a box within a box. I'd say their packaging for 3+ records is def more secure than the flat cardboard sealed mailers they use for 1-2 records.

This. If you aren't ordering more 4 or more records, packaging will be hit or miss. Leaning more so on miss.

axotyl said:

I've told myself that I will only buy with whatever is in my PayPal. Turns out it has been a good month for my eBay store and I've been able to buy all the stuff I've been dragging my feet on. 

same here my other hobby of collecting sneakers pays for my vinyl addiction.if you don't mind me asking what are some of your pick ups?i bought a lot of Jazz & '90s MOV releases that i needed in my collection.

Edited by ImmaculateKicks86