The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

On 7/18/2018 at 6:37 AM, Tommy said:

Nonesuch records 50% OFF, 1 Day only sale (CODE = SUMMER)

http://store.nonesuch.com/

Stock up on your Wilco & Black Keys

Not quite: the codes (there are 3 I can find in the coupon sites) are for specific artists from the catalog.

SUMMER for example, refers *only* to Steve Reich albums.

• 3 weeks later...

Nah, the 20% of $60+ comes and goes. I would expect it to come back in the near future. It just didn't line up with this coupon. They have some other deals going on, just not as good.

You can always pick up anything else you need. I picked up some record mailers with the previous coupon:

Record Mailers (1/2”-1”, holds 1-4 records)

Record Mailers (1/2”-2”, holds 1-8 records)

Cardboard Inserts

Edited by DealsOnVinyl

4 hours ago, DealsOnVinyl said:

Nah, the 20% of $60+ comes and goes. I would expect it to come back in the near future. It just didn't line up with this coupon. They have some other deals going on, just not as good.

You can always pick up anything else you need. I picked up some record mailers with the previous coupon:

Record Mailers (1/2”-1”, holds 1-4 records)

Record Mailers (1/2”-2”, holds 1-8 records)

Cardboard Inserts

Has anyone bought mailers from this seller before? I'd like to partake, but not if they show up wafer thin with corners like soft cheese.

7 minutes ago, docbronze said:

Has anyone bought mailers from this seller before? I'd like to partake, but not if they show up wafer thin with corners like soft cheese.

Cheapest I've ever ventured for mailers was from this seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Variable-Depth-LP-Record-Album-Mailer-Boxes-SHIPS-FREE/161314167211?hash=item258f12d9ab%3Ag%3AGJAAAMXQ9u1RFKl~&_sacat=0&_nkw=mailers+record&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC1.A0.H0.Xmailers+record.TRS0&LH_TitleDesc=0

And they were OK. I'm not a fan of the regular square mailers in general but they were usable and I didn't get any reports of mailer damage from the 50 I used and shipped out. IMO, it's worth the gamble for $25. You can always return them if they are super soft/flimsy or you can use the money you saved on cardboard squares (which I always recommend) and use those to secure the package better.

7 minutes ago, swb said:

Cheapest I've ever ventured for mailers was from this seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Variable-Depth-LP-Record-Album-Mailer-Boxes-SHIPS-FREE/161314167211?hash=item258f12d9ab%3Ag%3AGJAAAMXQ9u1RFKl~&_sacat=0&_nkw=mailers+record&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC1.A0.H0.Xmailers+record.TRS0&LH_TitleDesc=0

And they were OK. I'm not a fan of the regular square mailers in general but they were usable and I didn't get any reports of mailer damage from the 50 I used and shipped out. IMO, it's worth the gamble for $25. You can always return them if they are super soft/flimsy or you can use the money you saved on cardboard squares (which I always recommend) and use those to secure the package better.

Thanks for the link. I'm not a standard square mailer fellow either and I am also a proponent of the cardboard square theory. I have stacks of them.

2 hours ago, sirensongofra said:

Anyone have a working CC Music code?

You could visit their site and look at page two of the August catalog. 

https://console.virtualpaper.com/collectors-choice-music/ccm_08_2018/preview/?az=41-4742#2/

You could also try the dedicated CCMusic thread