The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

i placed two orders.  one order ( i placed saturday afternoon) I actually got an email saying stuff was shipped (with non working tracking) and mentioned I had like 2 items that could not be included.  

my second order (that i placed Friday afternoon) I just magically received some of the items from but never got any notification of if I will receive the others.  on the website it looks to be broken down into 3 shipments with 2 working links that take me to non working tracking info again. 

it looks like they not only had these items on sale online but also in their store.  thats an inventory nightmare.

My first order was supposed to come today, but for some reason USPS was lazy or... something happened.  hopefully I get it tomorrow!

Still no shipment on the other 2 that have the tracking number going nowhere.

I made a second order when I regretted not getting a few, but if I don't get them, it's fine.  I was impulsive.  the plus is that it didn't take as long to get through the list.  they must at least be clearing some off the site so people don't keep ordering them.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:11 PM, Twistedshabazz said:

it looks like they not only had these items on sale online but also in their store.  thats an inventory nightmare.

yeah, this is exactly what they did. realized only too late that i could've saved time (what with the crappy website design) and secured the titles i wanted by going in person...

1 hour ago, DallyfromCali said:

Is it the Maroon copy or the black repress?

The Maroon copy was a limited release for Urban Outfitters around 4 years ago so there is zero chance this is it, especially considering how many they have for sale.

Still a solid price for the black repress.

Finally got my first and biggest box from roughtrade today.. The box looked horrible on my doorstep so I was expecting bad things but luckily they used the big tank like double boxes along with an egg crate to secure it nicely from damage. Some definite shelf wear & small creases here and there but considering the prices no big deal at all. Now hopefully the rest of my order either ships soon or is cancelled and doesn't drag out too long.

Pretty annoyed with Rough Trade, I regret ordering anything really.  They shipped 1/3 I ordered, but said they shipped all 3.  They're not responding to email or their online help.  I would have just contacted paypal to issue a dispute, but used a card to pay.  Can always contact my bank to issue a charge back, but kind of annoying.  Thankful it's only for about $20, so not the end of the world, but pretty shitty customer service.

I had a decent experience with the first order at rough trade.  I got the 3 they said they shipped.  the other 2 were eventually canceled unfortunately, but I was never charged.

The second order I was charged for the whole thing and it said it shipped, but has sat at label created for about a week now.  they did respond to my email asking about it and said they remember packaging it and it definitely shipped, but took till Friday to be picked up.  I'd think it'd have changed from label created to something else on the tracking page by now.  I just keep hoping it just wasn't scanned or maybe the path of the hurricane could be delaying things on the east coast.  not sure.  I'd hate to have to email again, but I was charged, so I'm keeping a close eye on it and will hope for the best.

With some of the messages here I am a little more worried though, hahah!

Ordered nine records in that Rough Trade sale, ended up getting seven of them. (The only things I struck out on where the Chris Staples LP for $2.50 and the Andrew McMahon LP for $4.50.)

41539659_10100481959980462_9048995647377 

The Dictators 10-inch is pretty worn, but everything else looks good on a first inspection. And shit, I just paid $33 for nearly $150 worth of records. I'm good!

Edited by scottheisel

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, skidroje said:

That 5LP + 10" Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong Box set is $17.37 w/ free shipping.  Totally worth it, if you don't have it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELLA-FITZGERALD-LOUIS-ARMSTRONG-ELLA-LOUIS-COMPLETE-STUDIO-MASTER-TAKES-NEW-V/292299993190?hash=item440e6ff066:m:miB6FB3PRu17605GnbaLTPg

The Ebay inventory is sold out but there is stock showing at Amazon from the same dealer at a similar price.  These read 'Used - Like New', but they have quantity and I'll bet it is really new.  https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Studio-Master-ARMSTRONG-FITZGERALD/dp/B01M5HK26D

4 hours ago, jackshidt said:

The Ebay inventory is sold out but there is stock showing at Amazon from the same dealer at a similar price.  These read 'Used - Like New', but they have quantity and I'll bet it is really new.  https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Studio-Master-ARMSTRONG-FITZGERALD/dp/B01M5HK26D

Thanks, snagged one on amazon!! Hopefully won't get cancelled.