The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

I was going to buy a record or two from the Hopeless Records spring cleaning sale but the cheapest shipping it's giving me is $11, no media mail option,  which is bonkers for a $13 record. I sent an email to customer service but I'm wondering if anyone knows if that's a store glitch or just the way it is for this sale.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:37 PM, vinny0190 said:

I was going to buy a record or two from the Hopeless Records spring cleaning sale but the cheapest shipping it's giving me is $11, no media mail option,  which is bonkers for a $13 record. I sent an email to customer service but I'm wondering if anyone knows if that's a store glitch or just the way it is for this sale.

I just tried putting one record from their sale in and it gave me the media mail option for $5.77

Community Records 25% off sale & more. Here's the deets from their email:
http://shop.communityrecords.org/

"11 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SALE
25% OFF EVERYTHING // BUY ONE GET ONE
on VINYL, TAPES, & SHIRTS

+ free stickers, buttons, & mini zine w/ all orders
free community recs vinyl slip mat
for your record player if you spend $35 or more
http://shop.communityrecords.org
discount automatically applied

one week only ends wed. may 22

Yesssssssss!
for each online purchase $3 will be donated to:
UNITY of GREATER NEW ORLEANS *ending homelessness together* raising money for their LGBTQ job fair later in 2019 $1 donated each from Community Records, Defend New Orleans, & Trilly Cheesesteaks

9 VINYL FOR $50 DEAL
(And 25% off right now), so just $37.50 for 9 vinyl records from: NOVA ONE, all people, MeanGirls, football, etc., kellen, Caddywhompus, Coaster, The Rooks, Innards / Caution Children. + other free stuff.

Please note: 25% off is automatically applied at checkout on store. Bandcamp, use code “11YEARS” We choose vinyl, tape, or shirt, for buy one get one free. Limited to 1 free item per order. Shirt will be the same size as what you ordered."

anyone that buys used vinyl from Bullmoose been having more problems then ever lately? I went years with no real issues but the last six months have been the polar opposite. The last 4 orders I have made had the main album I wanted cancelled since "they couldn't find it" and then immediately my other filler stuff ships which I usually only picked to get the free shipping. I completely understand how that can happen sometimes but 4 times in a row? Then I also got 2 albums that were super beat up and one album was all scratched and covered in black hairs. I'm good with some smaller damage as i'm getting a solid price but these were pretty over the top. Im done ordering anything used from them for awhile at this point but just curious if others are having problems as well? Anything I buy new is still packed well and delivered with no issues at least though.

On 5/15/2019 at 6:40 PM, hype said:

anyone that buys used vinyl from Bullmoose been having more problems then ever lately? I went years with no real issues but the last six months have been the polar opposite. The last 4 orders I have made had the main album I wanted cancelled since "they couldn't find it" and then immediately my other filler stuff ships which I usually only picked to get the free shipping. I completely understand how that can happen sometimes but 4 times in a row? Then I also got 2 albums that were super beat up and one album was all scratched and covered in black hairs. I'm good with some smaller damage as i'm getting a solid price but these were pretty over the top. Im done ordering anything used from them for awhile at this point but just curious if others are having problems as well? Anything I buy new is still packed well and delivered with no issues at least though.

Sorry to hear that man. I recently bought a used record from them and it was in near perfect condition

On 5/23/2019 at 5:06 PM, sirensongofra said:

Sorry to hear that man. I recently bought a used record from them and it was in near perfect condition

It's all good, I always had great experiences with them before the last 6 months and with multiple stores it could have just been one or two newer employee's that lowered there standards on accepted used vinyl.. Glad others are still getting solid quality records though.. Maybe I just had a really bad run of luck.

• 2 weeks later...