The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

32 minutes ago, Captain Chrismo said:

uDiscoverMusic has a few free titles, just pay shipping. Go to the vinyl section, sort low to high. Mainly Bieber, but there's Stevie Wonder and Bob Seger too.

Not seeing it

Found it. All crap imo, but solid deal!

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

33 minutes ago, webdoggy said:

The shipping ruins the “free” albums. They are running free shipping over $50. Added enough paid albums to cross that threshold. Shipping changed to free, but as soon as I added one of the free albums it jumped to almost 21 bucks. 

I'm not able to get the free shipping to work.  I got an email from them that said it was a one day only thing, so maybe I missed out.  $57 worth of albums for $68 shipping is what it's showing right now...

uDiscoverMusic is kinda wonky, I feel like they have an online "store" and and online "shop".  Maybe one's based in the UK and one in the US?  Both seem to have different prices.

29 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

I'm not able to get the free shipping to work.  I got an email from them that said it was a one day only thing, so maybe I missed out.  $57 worth of albums for $68 shipping is what it's showing right now...

uDiscoverMusic is kinda wonky, I feel like they have an online "store" and and online "shop".  Maybe one's based in the UK and one in the US?  Both seem to have different prices.

I actually did end up placing an order (for paid albums) right before I posted that. Free shipping worked for me. 

20 minutes ago, webdoggy said:

I actually did end up placing an order (for paid albums) right before I posted that. Free shipping worked for me. 

Ahh yeah, I think I have it figured out.  The "shop" is the US based store and is offering free shipping.  The "store" is UK based I believe, hence the high shipping.  Kind of a bummer the UK store has some sweet deals on albums... Pink Moon, Eno Half Speeds, Interpol OLTA... all for $11.99.

The prices and inventory are different for both, but the US has some good deals on rap, jazz, and Misfits albums 

2 hours ago, kas1985 said:

Anyone else had issues with orders from UDiscoverMusic not shipping? I placed an order on December 3rd when they were having a sale that still hasn’t shipped. I sent an email yesterday, but have yet to hear anything back. 

Was waiting few weeks before they ship mine Nirvana order 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I did this last time they did a B2G1F and it was a total pain in the ass.  Every time there's a ship date, you have to approve it, and if you miss approving it, they cancel the record on the order, which then screws you.  I would never order records from Target again after that experience.

That's too bad. I actually had pretty good luck that last time they did this sale. Some of mine were pre-orders and a few had different ship dates, but everything worked out fine, and I didn't have to keep approving shipping dates. I got a bunch of Brian Eno records and the Watchman soundtrack LPs for cheap. 

I went in again this time around and got all of the upcoming Springsteen reissues for 3 for 2. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 1:54 PM, ZeroNowhere said:

I did this last time they did a B2G1F and it was a total pain in the ass.  Every time there's a ship date, you have to approve it, and if you miss approving it, they cancel the record on the order, which then screws you.  I would never order records from Target again after that experience.

I didn't have this issue. I ordered my 3 records, never had to approve ship dates, and received everything in perfect condition. 

• 2 weeks later...