The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

I just kinda started getting into Nick Drake.  Listening to Five Leaves Left right now and I like it more than Pink Moon, especially with the strings.  I hear a lot of Moon Shaped Pool in it.

If you're looking to get Pink Moon, keep an eye on Amazon, Juno, and other retailers.  A lot of times it will dip down to $12.  I got a copy from Juno for about $10.  They're based in the UK, but shipping is reasonable (usually ~$3/album).  I usually wait and order 10+ records from them.  Prices can fluctuate quite a bit as do currency exchange rates.  When I make a large order it usually ships FedEx next day which is pretty sweet

2 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

Adding to the Nick Drake love fest here, this was the last thing I expected to see offered for free. Really glad I checked this thread. I love Pink Moon but for some reason never delved into any of his other stuff so I'm excited to give this a deep dive.

It's just as good, imo. Maybe not as notable in terms of popularity, but it's really good.

1 hour ago, Plarocks said:

I was checking that damn website for Nick Drake EVERYDAY since it sold out the first time, and I was being HAMMERED at work yesterday, and came home sick as a dog......

FUCK! 😖

If you use Chrome web browser grab the extension called "Distill web monitor" and it allows you to monitor an entire page or just a specific spot on a page and when there's a change you can have it notify you in the browser or through an email. I use it for these exact kind of situations and it works extremely well.

All these "free" albums keep coming back so I wouldn't be surprised if they have another round or two of this one.

1 hour ago, likeweeds said:

Circle Jerks - Group Sex. 

2 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

gotta give that one to dance tonight revolution tomorrow

The great and magical thing about music is its ability to transcend the binary, to blur lines and make what would appear to be the very simple effort of creating a top ten list both nearly impossible to craft and equally difficult to defend. You may catch a glimpse of true musical understanding, but as soon as you turn to look, it is gone, and you're left with what you started with -- an unfathomable menagerie of beautiful, bountiful rhythm and melody, difficult to defend and easy to love.

With that said, no.

Edited by w0rn

2 hours ago, genicide said:

Tried to order a few times and kept getting cancelled. Back up for $40 some now. 

Don’t worry. THAT $40 order won’t be cancelled. 😄

Edit: When Deep Discount runs out of stock, it always reverts to the item’s higher price point.

At that $14 price point, the warehouse was trying to clear them out.

Edited by Plarocks