The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

Deep Discount added hundreds of vinyl titles to their Blowout Bin:

Add these to the list of things-they-actually-cannot-deliver:

Queensryche - The Verdict

Simple Minds - Neon Lights

Lonely Robot - Under Stars

Ennio Morricone - Cuore di Mamma

I guess the "good" news is that it looks like vinyl buyers are back in the market.  These all sold out the first day of listing, as far as I can tell. 

1 hour ago, jackshidt said:

Deep Discount added hundreds of vinyl titles to their Blowout Bin:

Add these to the list of things-they-actually-cannot-deliver:

Queensryche - The Verdict

Simple Minds - Neon Lights

Lonely Robot - Under Stars

Ennio Morricone - Cuore di Mamma

I guess the "good" news is that it looks like vinyl buyers are back in the market.  These all sold out the first day of listing, as far as I can tell. 

Ordered eight today. Received eight cancellations.

1 minute ago, Plarocks said:

Had no idea. Want the new Dixie Chicks. I will take a look.

Free shipping over $35 total order, too. That is notably for the subtotal BEFORE discount is applied.  Your final total can be below $35 and you'll still get free shipping.

I don't know why but I was a total freak about this. I very carefully made separate orders of 3 records each that hovered near the same price to achieve maximum discount, checking Discogs to make sure I was getting a good deal to begin with. Their site isn't the easiest though, I painstakingly went through 75 pages of vinyl, and there's duplicate entries for some reason. I think it was worth it in the end. Scored Tortoise-TNT,  Battles-Mirrored, Gil-Scott Heron -The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, Rushmore OST, Scott Pilgrim, Lauryn Hill, Daniel Johnston, they had Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief, even stuff I wouldn't guess they'd stock like Autechre, Deakin and Jpegmafia. Worth a look.

It also includes movies and books as well but if there's only one item you really want at a hard price point to find others in you can order 3 items and immediately cancel 2 of them and it will still give you 1/3 of the discount and keep free shipping. 

Another thing they have is MoFi sleeves for 20 so I got 2 packs of those and then got the Target exclusive of Stax Number Ones for free.

Watch out for the "$1 consolidation discount" too. First time I ever seen that offered but I happily took it.

40 minutes ago, hype said:

It also includes movies and books as well but if there's only one item you really want at a hard price point to find others in you can order 3 items and immediately cancel 2 of them and it will still give you 1/3 of the discount and keep free shipping. 

Another thing they have is MoFi sleeves for 20 so I got 2 packs of those and then got the Target exclusive of Stax Number Ones for free.

Watch out for the "$1 consolidation discount" too. First time I ever seen that offered but I happily took it.

Sleeves count as b2g1?

Damnit.. I just got some from MoFi. Knew I should've waited...

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

4 hours ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Anybody else hop on that Target Buy 2 Vinyl Get One Free online special today? I bought a bit too much but with some digging I found they had some pretty good stuff.

I noticed the sale this morning but didn't actually realize how much vinyl Target sells online until I did some digging also. Ended up picking up some Hozier, Bon Iver, and Grayscale records all for under $38. If you have a Target RedCard you save 5% more on top of the sale which is awesome.

Edited by illkeepyouinmind

17 hours ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Anybody else hop on that Target Buy 2 Vinyl Get One Free online special today? I bought a bit too much but with some digging I found they had some pretty good stuff.

Two orders: 

Kinks - Kink Kontroversey

Gene Clark - No Other

Lana Del Rey - Born to Die (cancelled)

X - More Fun in the New World

King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black (cancelled)

On 6/14/2020 at 7:20 PM, HoneyFrosted said:

Thank for the heads up. I too bought too much, but couldn't pass on that deal.
It was a lot of work organizing a list with prices, and grouping the items the best way for the best deals, but worked it out well.

Does anyone know approximately how often they run this sale?
I saw a post on discogs that mentioned Target did a buy 2 get 1 free in November 2019 too.

Holy shit guys!  So I was just searching for random stuff to see what would come up on this Target deal.  It looks like Echo & The Bunnyment are repressing Crocodiles, Porqupine, and Ocean Rain.  All three are available for pre-order at Target, part of this deal, and only $13.39 a piece!  I got all three for $28.39!  I almost just paid $35 for an old pressing of Ocean Rain on ebay.  I didn't think these would ever get repressed!  They ship September 18!

Heads up on the Target purchases...
I received a record from Target today in a smashed up box with no protective bubble wrap or air cushions inside, or cardboard around it. Just the record by itself in a big box with no protection. The record inside the box also arrived opened on the side (seal completely broken). The record sleeve also arrived bent up with multiple bad creases. Bummer.
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

Edited by vinyldavid
added images

1 minute ago, rundmcc said:

Check out the packing on one of my Target orders. Wrapped in this inside a poly bag.

Of course it was beat up... I did the automated return and got a replacement next day.

image0.jpg

Same here. I submitted for a replacement. We'll see what happens the second time around. I've got a bit over 30 records on their way from Target.
Hopefully I don't have to return too many of them.
I guess you get what you pay for. :)

Yeah, the one thing I was worried about with this sale. People complain about Amazon's packing but Target seems to be significantly worse from my own experiences and what i've read/seen on the internet over the years and especially lately.

I ordered the first day of the sale and several orders all say I wont be getting it until the 25th-July 1st so hopefully I have some good luck this time 🤷‍♂️

Got some great deals so it was worth the gamble.......... I hope.