The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

3 minutes ago, illkeepyouinmind said:

These posts have me worried, I didn’t realize how bad Target packages their records. Hopefully I won’t have to deal with any returns, I just couldn’t pass up on the deal going on right now. 

To be honest, a lot of my orders have been great with them I just think bad packaging happens a bit more often. They have easy returns like amazon as well so you'll be good. The last b2g1 sale I bought 6 things and 2 of them were vinyl records and 1 came packaged great in a mailer while the other was completely wrecked in a big box but the replacement came in a mailer so all was good.

On 6/14/2020 at 8:20 PM, HoneyFrosted said:

Anybody else hop on that Target Buy 2 Vinyl Get One Free online special today? I bought a bit too much but with some digging I found they had some pretty good stuff.

Damn. Was waiting for this sale to jump on the new Post Malone target exclusive. Looks like preorders are "sold out" for now. I'm sure there will be a bunch in stores on release date, but the sale will be over by then. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

And may as well ask here...how is Walmart when it comes to ordering their exclusive LP’s? 

They have an exclusive of Camila Cabello’s Romance 2xLP and it’s on sale right now. Keen on snagging it. 

Walmart has exclusives now? Anything good? I feel like their exclusives would be Chris Stapleton and Creed albums.

9 minutes ago, Reshiram said:

Walmart has exclusives now? Anything good? I feel like their exclusives would be Chris Stapleton and Creed albums.

They're like any other big box trying to move the most merch as quickly as possible, so their exclusives are all fairly popular titles. I know they have exclusive colors on a few Fleetwood Mac albums: Rumours, Tango in the Night, etc.

16 minutes ago, w0rn said:

They're like any other big box trying to move the most merch as quickly as possible, so their exclusives are all fairly popular titles. I know they have exclusive colors on a few Fleetwood Mac albums: Rumours, Tango in the Night, etc.

Yeah, they recently started doing a good amount of exclusives. Mostly older classics from what i've seen but I remember some of the color ways looking pretty solid. I haven't ordered any but if they run a good sale I might find 1-2 I like. 

Surprisingly, i've had MUCH better luck with the albums I bought from Walmart then Target in the past as far as packing goes. They are always in a good mailer so hopefully the exclusives are packed the same way and you'll be fine.

I actually avoided the Target sale due to them kinda screwing me out of Blue Nile “Hats” re-issue.

Yeah, Bull Moose was also unable to fulfill my order, but they were not charging my CC $30 every week over 6+ months for an album they never delivered. 😠

So between that and their unpredictable packaging, I am not dealing with Target unless the record is $8 or something.

As for Wal-Mart, my Creed album was shipped to store in perfect condition. 😆

Hey, we've all been there. You make a Deep Discount purchase. You're excited because it's a double LP that typically goes for $30, and here you've only paid $8!

Then a few hours later, it happens...

email notification: Your order has been cancelled.

I sent Deep Discount an email a few weeks ago raking them over the coals for what I see as a pretty egregious business practice, posting items for sale that they really have no intention of ever fulfilling. This happens to literally no other retailer I know anywhere near the frequency it does on Deep Discount.

I heard back from them, and they were very apologetic, of course, and then they closed their email with this... "Please feel free to reorder the item at your convenience on our website.  If you do reorder the item and prices have changed, just forward us the new order number and we will refund any price differences."

Oh, REEEEEAAAAAALLY?

Now, some items you order that immediately get cancelled just disappear from the site. Recent examples of this are a St. Vincent title, as well as an import of Beatles for Sale. Those orders get cancelled, then you return to the site with the item numbers in tow, and poof, they're gone.

Other titles remain, either on backorder or available at their regular prices. So with that bit of communication from DD in mind, I went in there and re-ordered ELEVEN titles that have recently been cancelled at their Bargain Bin pricing and that are now listed at regular price.

Grand total? $303.02. Amount due back to me considering my previously confirmed purchases? $209.54.

A bit of a gamble on my part, sure, but trust me, I WILL GO TO WAR with Deep Discount if they f*** this up.

Even if this goes as planned, I'm not expecting the situation to be completely resolved for the next month or two, but I'll report back if things work out. I'd love for other people to start hammering them on stuff like this so they get their s*** together and fix whatever inventory software they have that's leading to these confirmed-but-moments-later-cancelled orders.

Edited by w0rn

18 minutes ago, w0rn said:

Define "get stuff"

Like the other day I bought 2 copies of a sublime rsd and Iggy Pop with 3 other LPs so I could use a coupon and get free shipping. Obviously the sublime (and Iggy) didn't ship, but I got a discount and free shipping on Keb Mo, Frozen 2, and MiWi La Lupa for $15 shipped.

14 minutes ago, w0rn said:

Define "get stuff"

I think the user meant get stuff discounted during certain promotions (like spend $40 to get 10% off) or whatever. I accidentally took advantage of it on my last order placed with them because the movie I ordered won't be shipping anytime soon, but I was able to qualify for their last promotion AND free shipping because of that item, ha.

My first order of records I placed at Target during the buy 2 get 1 free sale just arrived and they are in great condition! Shipped in a proper record mailer and everything. Hoping everyone else who picked something up has the same experience. Definitely sets my mind at ease for future vinyl purchases at Target.

24 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Like the other day I bought 2 copies of a sublime rsd and Iggy Pop with 3 other LPs so I could use a coupon and get free shipping. Obviously the sublime (and Iggy) didn't ship, but I got a discount and free shipping on Keb Mo, Frozen 2, and MiWi La Lupa for $15 shipped.

Right. No, I feel you and have also leveraged this "hack" in the past, but I'm not going to recline in my threadbare La-Z-Boy, filled to the gills with indica, taking the super chill position of just being thankful a monolithic online retailer is able to ship me anything at all. 

Not sure why taking an emotionless online seller that clearly cuts as many corners as possible to increase profit margins to task makes me a Karen, but if it does, pass the fuk'n Snapple, baybaaaaaaaaay!

Edited by w0rn
just cuz I'm cool

3 minutes ago, illkeepyouinmind said:

My first order of records I placed at Target during the buy 2 get 1 free sale just arrived and they are in great condition! Shipped in a proper record mailer and everything. Hoping everyone else who picked something up has the same experience. Definitely sets my mind at ease for future vinyl purchases at Target.

Only had one album out of 12 show up mangled, and getting a refund took seconds. And I got to keep the mangled album (just the sleeve was damaged).

Jacked up shipments happen, but if a company is lickity split on resolution, I'll never begrudge 'em, so I feel good about shipping from Target even with the horror stories I've heard.

5 hours ago, w0rn said:

Only had one album out of 12 show up mangled, and getting a refund took seconds. And I got to keep the mangled album (just the sleeve was damaged).

Jacked up shipments happen, but if a company is lickity split on resolution, I'll never begrudge 'em, so I feel good about shipping from Target even with the horror stories I've heard.

Yeah, im 2 for 2 so far with most of the others still in the wild. I had some mofi sleeves which got mangled asf but it happened during shipping at some point so I provided a picture and they just fully refunded both packs (only 1 was damaged) and told me to keep them. They will be getting more of my business if it is always this easy, reminds me of how great Amazon used to be with customer service. The 2 records I got so far were also in nice sturdy mailers.

I got one of the Dylan bootleg sets coming which is a little bigger so that will be a test to see how they handle larger items. Anyone have experience lately with full on boxsets from them? I was completely against that gamble during the sale but seeing how they looked to have improved I might change that during the next one.

Edited by hype

And a heads up to anyone interested, I started using this app called Slice since the other app I used to keep track of my deliveries stopped working. It has a price checker in it as well and one of my items dropped just a bit in price from Target and they asked if I wanted to try to get a refund for the difference so I did it and they completely composed the email with all the information automatically so I basically just had to click send and within 24 hours I got a gift card for the amount from Target. I normally never take the time to check this manually so it was nice having the lazy option.

Just now, Oblivions said:

I thought Slice died like 4 years ago when Amazon rewrote their refund policy!

It's not as good as the last app I used but it works well enough. I think a lot of people stopped using price protection stuff when amazon made that move. I honestly didn't even know Slice did it until they sent the email as I just used it for delivery organization. I guess Rakuten bought and took over Slice so technically it's called Rakuten Slice now. I've been using it for awhile and this was the first time I got a price drop alert but it ended up being a nice little surprise.

https://www.slice.com/price_drops

10 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Which Keb Mo album?