The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

24 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

His Grammy Award Winning album Keep It Simple. On blue wax from MOV. For $6. No-brainer. Thinking of grabbing the MFSL s/t too, but not via DD

Yeah, I missed that, otherwise I would have grabbed it.

I have no Keb Mo in the collection yet, but was eyeing that MFSL on there.

Just been wondering where to start.

13 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Yeah, I missed that, otherwise I would have grabbed it.

I have no Keb Mo in the collection yet, but was eyeing that MFSL on there.

Just been wondering where to start.

On their site it's like $30 (but they have $10 flat rate shipping), so anything less is a deal. Lemme know if you spot it cheaper. 

I can't speak to your familiarity with music in general, BUT I started with Robert Johnson, then Keb Mo's s/t (as far listening; I still haven't bought a vinyl copy)

On 6/25/2020 at 9:50 PM, hype said:

And a heads up to anyone interested, I started using this app called Slice since the other app I used to keep track of my deliveries stopped working. It has a price checker in it as well and one of my items dropped just a bit in price from Target and they asked if I wanted to try to get a refund for the difference so I did it and they completely composed the email with all the information automatically so I basically just had to click send and within 24 hours I got a gift card for the amount from Target. I normally never take the time to check this manually so it was nice having the lazy option.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to give that app a try. I bought a large amount of stuff during Target's 3 for 2 deal.

By the way, do you, or anyone else here, know how to get a notification for when the next time Target runs that deal? Do you just sign up for their email list where it says  "Get exclusive offers and weekly ad reminders"?

3 minutes ago, rhcp02 said:

https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/collections/vinyl/products/the-beatles-in-stereo-vinyl-box-set?_pos=4&_sid=fd2b2737a&_ss=r

This one is $286 after the comeback promo code. It might be gettin ready to go oop. The only ones on amazon are like $600 and up so pretty good deal for that one.

Says it's a preorder. Leads me to believe it may not be what you think it is...but of course I'm probably wrong. 

58 minutes ago, rhcp02 said:

https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/collections/vinyl/products/the-beatles-in-stereo-vinyl-box-set?_pos=4&_sid=fd2b2737a&_ss=r

This one is $286 after the comeback promo code. It might be gettin ready to go oop. The only ones on amazon are like $600 and up so pretty good deal for that one.

Just be warned. The recent vinyl stereo Beatles box received some bad reviews, and was sourced from digital.

However, the vinyl MONO box received excellent reviews, and from what I read, was mastered in analog from the original mono master tapes.

I am hoping this is a precursor to EMI remastering a better stereo box.

Edited by Plarocks

1 hour ago, rhcp02 said:

It was ~$286 on Amazon during the B2G1 sale a couple weeks ago. The reason it's $600 now is because Amazon ran out, and that's a 3rd party seller price. 

I really regret not buying 3 during the sale & reselling 2 of them. 

1 hour ago, rhcp02 said:

I saw this and was considering it.  I already have the mono box so can't really justify spending the money for a couple different albums.    A few of the Beatles deluxe editions look tempting... White Album 4LP for $47 and Abbey Road 3LP for about $50.

1 hour ago, floyd_z said:

I saw this and was considering it.  I already have the mono box so can't really justify spending the money for a couple different albums.    A few of the Beatles deluxe editions look tempting... White Album 4LP for $47 and Abbey Road 3LP for about $50.

Yeah same here. I got the mono one too for way cheaper from the musicvaultz website a few yrs back. I thought it'd be badass to have both. 

I know the stereo set gets a lot of complaints, but as a casual Beatles fan, and far from a purist of their material, I have zero problems with it. I haven't heard the mono mixes, nor does my current setup have the option to properly listen to mono, so I can't compare to that. Sourced from digital or not, they did a great job in my opinion. Great sound, no added compression, very clean, imo. Again, I am not a purist when it comes to them and Beatles fans can be very critical so I get that my opinion may not be the popular one. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by kjkenney
Weird ads from quoting

The stereo set is fine, the initial copies had pressing defects on many copies but good ones are definitely better sounding than 60s rainbow, red or green labels or even apples as it's from a lower generation source even if it's a digital transfer (purple labels are debatable, those wally cuts are great). At least worth grabbing Magical Mystery tour as it's true stereo unlike all copies outside of the german horzu (yes including the mobile fidelity)  

Has anybody actually used on udiscovermusic the "refer your friends" to get your friend, and yourself, $10 off orders of $50+?
I sent the link to my GF, who lives at a different address. She clicked on the link in the email to "Accept Offer", and then selected an item over $50 and went to checkout, filled out her info to register, but sees no $10 discount.
Has anybody had this work for them?
Thanks.

Edited by vinyldavid
typo

3 minutes ago, vinyldavid said:

Has anybody actually used on udiscovermusic the "refer your friends" to get your friend, and yourself, $10 off orders of $50+?
I sent the link to my GF, who lives at a different address. She clicked on the link in the email to "Accept Offer", and then selected an item over $50 and went to checkout, filled out her info to register, but sees no $10 discount.
Has anybody had this work for them?
Thanks.

Nevermind. I think I just may have figured it out for myself. The friend just gets a coupon code for 20% off.
20% off of $50 is $10.
(which you can already get any time, so this friend referral is nothing special, from what I can see.)
I was thinking it would be like a $10 credit on your account, that could then be used at checkout on top of whatever discounts you applied, but is not the case.
Oh, well.

On 6/25/2020 at 1:41 PM, w0rn said:

I sent Deep Discount an email a few weeks ago raking them over the coals for what I see as a pretty egregious business practice, posting items for sale that they really have no intention of ever fulfilling. This happens to literally no other retailer I know anywhere near the frequency it does on Deep Discount.

On 6/25/2020 at 2:10 PM, MyEnemy said:

WOW, that was a way too much. Learned something though, Incels are basically Karens.

We still going to bat for Deep Discount after the July 4th fiasco and fallout?

4 minutes ago, w0rn said:

We still going to bat for Deep Discount after the July 4th fiasco and fallout?

well, considering they are owned by a company that handles half of the entire worlds vinyl distribution you dont really have a choice but to deal with them. i highly doubt any of this was done on purpose but that doesnt mean they dont need to step it up after the 4th of july sale problems especially.

but I still think over dramatic karen is a spot on title for the previous complaints.