The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

email from Deep Discount:

FOR A SHORT TIME ONLY! Extra savings on every order!

Enter coupon code ENJOY and save an additional
15% on everything site-wide. Some restrictions apply.*

Discount applies to items only and not to shipping and tax.
Coupon expires Wednesday August 26, 2020, at noon CT
and cannot be combined with any other offers.

*Video games, video game consoles, select turntables
and LEGO® products are excluded from the offer.

50 minutes ago, eyewin8 said:

There really are some great records in this last "dump".

I find it hilarious on the last page when people were saying they couldn't find anything or it was crap. 

Different strokes 🤷‍♀️

Is there a community compiled list of indie rock/grunge/alt-rock/emo titles in Deep Discount’s sale? I want to dig through but I’m too broke to do a proper binge buy and my brain turns to mush after 10 pages and words no matter mean anything to me. I’d love to grab 3-4 solid $5-9 albums and have all the work done by strangers. 🕵️‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Oblivions said:

Is there a community compiled list of indie rock/grunge/alt-rock/emo titles in Deep Discount’s sale? I want to dig through but I’m too broke to do a proper binge buy and my brain turns to mush after 10 pages and words no matter mean anything to me. I’d love to grab 3-4 solid $5-9 albums and have all the work done by strangers. 🕵️‍♂️

I don't think that exists anywhere outside of Amazon. Since I'm already knee deep, right now, ere's my list for you:

CANT - Dreams Come True

VA - Continental Drift (Slumberland Records)

Mouse on the Keys/LITE Split 12"

Westpoint - ST

Sad13 - Slugger

Emily Reo - Only You Can See It

David Vandervelde - Shadow Skies

Milemarker - Overseas

Shannen Moser - Oh, My Heart / I'll Sing

Walter Etc. - Gloom Cruise

Sick Feeling - Suburban Myth

Shady Bug - Lemon Lime

Baked - Farnham

Moaning - ST

Doe - Grow Into It

Summer Cannibals - Can't Tell Me No

Death Valley Girls - Glow In The Dark

Mozes & The First Born - Dadcore

Miserable - Dog Days

Mr Twin Sister - Salt

There ya go. That's only 5 pages in. Some of them may not be in stock and may be canceled. 

No exaggeration when I say there's literally something for everyone on there, if you know what you're looking for. 

EDIT: I also search by lowest price first. There are definitely more well known artist and bands the higher the prices go. 

Edited by MyEnemy

32 minutes ago, Oblivions said:

these are my pickups, there's a LOT more:

Interview Music - Idlewild $8.70
To Believe - The Cinematic Orchestra $8.22
Up All Night - Razorlight $7.75
Appreciation - Horse Feathers $5.59
Blood Year - Russian Circles $6.20
Razorlight - Razorlight $7.75

Placed my 2nd order.  Seems like a few new things popped up that weren’t there.  My first order arrived today and everything was perfect, a few were unexpectedly on color vinyl which was a nice surprise.  3 records from my first order and 1 from the new one were canceled but it was all stuff I was on the fence about to begin with so I’ll take it.

Since we're on the topic of Deep Discount, I'll take the opportunity to remind all that if you do receive a cancellation, keep track of those albums over the course of the next 10 days. If they pop back up (usually at regular price), you can order them again, send DD an email with details of your previous order, and they'll refund you the difference.

Just happened with me and a ? Mark & The Mysterians album that got cancelled then showed up again two days later. Placed another order that day, and just got the shipment notice this morning.

Make sure you spell it all out, though. What you originally spent, what you spent on the new order, what you're owed. Be concise and explicit.

Tip #2: Do not pay with PayPal. If you do get a cancellation, getting your money back in a timely matter is always a bigger headache if you use PayPal. No idea why, just is.

Edited by w0rn

31 minutes ago, w0rn said:

Since we're on the topic of Deep Discount, I'll take the opportunity to remind all that if you do receive a cancellation, keep track of those albums over the course of the next 10 days. If they pop back up (usually at regular price), you can order them again, send DD an email with details of your previous order, and they'll refund you the difference.

Just happened with me and a ? Mark & The Mysterians album that got cancelled then showed up again two days later. Placed another order that day, and just got the shipment notice this morning.

Make sure you spell it all out, though. What you originally spent, what you spent on the new order, what you're owed. Be concise and explicit.

Tip #2: Do not pay with PayPal. If you do get a cancellation, getting your money back in a timely matter is always a bigger headache if you use PayPal. No idea why, just is.

LMAOOOOOO... I just received an email from DD saying they won't honor the original sale price for the ? Mark album. This is literally the third policy change I've heard on this in the last few months. First it was "send an email with the order numbers and price differences." Then it was "that, but it also has to be within 10 days of the orignal order." Now today, "That no longer applies to bargain bin items."

What a joke company. I replied telling them if they want to be this particular regarding how to run the business, they should maybe shift some of their attention to inventory control since it's a well known fact they are likely the worst online retailer in existence re: order cancellations. By miles.

7 minutes ago, w0rn said:

LMAOOOOOO... I just received an email from DD saying they won't honor the original sale price for the ? Mark album. This is literally the third policy change I've heard on this in the last few months. First it was "send an email with the order numbers and price differences." Then it was "that, but it also has to be within 10 days of the orignal order." Now today, "That no longer applies to bargain bin items."

What a joke company. I replied telling them if they want to be this particular regarding how to run the business, they should maybe shift some of their attention to inventory control since it's a well known fact they are likely the worst online retailer in existence re: order cancellations. By miles.

I’ve ordered from them for years and never had a problem.  Maybe they decided that you’re a nuisance and are finding ways to politely tell you to pound sand and go buy your records somewhere else.  You do realize these are bargain bin items sold at extremely low prices and at times it’s luck of the draw, right?  Kicking and screaming like a 2 year old  to their customer service team when it doesn’t go your way surely won’t get you anywhere, that’s for sure.  Like they owe you a favor or something....get real.  First world vinyl collectors problems are real, yo.

2 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

I don't think that exists anywhere outside of Amazon. Since I'm already knee deep, right now, ere's my list for you:

CANT - Dreams Come True

VA - Continental Drift (Slumberland Records)

Mouse on the Keys/LITE Split 12"

Westpoint - ST

Sad13 - Slugger

Emily Reo - Only You Can See It

David Vandervelde - Shadow Skies

Milemarker - Overseas

Shannen Moser - Oh, My Heart / I'll Sing

Walter Etc. - Gloom Cruise

Sick Feeling - Suburban Myth

Shady Bug - Lemon Lime

Baked - Farnham

Moaning - ST

Doe - Grow Into It

Summer Cannibals - Can't Tell Me No

Death Valley Girls - Glow In The Dark

Mozes & The First Born - Dadcore

Miserable - Dog Days

Mr Twin Sister - Salt

There ya go. That's only 5 pages in. Some of them may not be in stock and may be canceled. 

No exaggeration when I say there's literally something for everyone on there, if you know what you're looking for. 

EDIT: I also search by lowest price first. There are definitely more well known artist and bands the higher the prices go. 

Damn. This list is so perfect that I own half of these already. Seriously, thanks for sharing this!

2 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I’ve ordered from them for years and never had a problem.  Maybe they decided that you’re a nuisance and are finding ways to politely tell you to pound sand and go buy your records somewhere else.  You do realize these are bargain bin items sold at extremely low prices and at times it’s luck of the draw, right?  Kicking and screaming like a 2 year old  to their customer service team when it doesn’t go your way surely won’t get you anywhere, that’s for sure.  Like they owe you a favor or something....get real.  First world vinyl collectors problems are real, yo.

Yeah, it's not that serious at all. I had an album get cancelled and re-appear on Popmarket and they told me they purposely only put a certain amount on some albums to be sold at "Bargain Bin" prices to lessen inventory. Kind of sucks as I really wanted the album but it makes sense on there part and I got plenty of other great deals.

18 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

The only thing worse than DD's egregious inventory control are totally zen commentators on the moral high ground.

I'm very glad you're living the most super chill life, but kindly kick rocks.

34 minutes ago, w0rn said:

The only thing worse than DD's egregious inventory control are totally zen commentators on the moral high ground.

I'm very glad you're living the most super chill life, but kindly kick rocks.

Lol.  Eat shit and go email a customer service rep who has to pretend to care.  If being a loser is your life goal, you’ve succeeded!

Back on topic.  Three orders in and I’m overly pleased with what I’ve been able to get for around $6 - $8 each.  I even placed an order to ship to a friend as a fun surprise with albums I know he isn’t familiar with but will enjoy.

Edited by ZeroNowhere

How many times do we have to tell these VC newbies?
Conserve and save your misdirected, unregulated negative energy for new users who share a college class survey about vinyl, ask basic turn table questions, express mild frustration at shop’s customer service departments, share a new product or invention related to vinyl, or, in any way, express sincerity and vulnerability.

If you do this, you can whine and weirdly have a tantrum and inordinately go too hard while still claiming you’re above it all and 100% invulnerable. If you leak your post-teen angst in any other way, people can hurt you and make you feel bad.

I would ask mods to sticky my post but I don’t care about anything! F off!

43 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Lol.  Eat shit and go email a customer service rep who has to pretend to care.  If being a loser is your life goal, you’ve succeeded!

Man, so glad there are cool guys like you around to police this board.

Please send me daily emails about how I'm a total loser. Here's my account: [email protected]

5 minutes ago, Oblivions said:

How many times do we have to tell these VC newbies?
Conserve and save your misdirected, unregulated negative energy for new users who share a college class survey about vinyl, ask basic turn table questions, express mild frustration at shop’s customer service departments, share a new product or invention related to vinyl, or, in any way, express sincerity and vulnerability.

If you do this, you can whine and weirdly have a tantrum and inordinately go too hard while still claiming you’re above it all and 100% invulnerable. If you leak your post-teen angst in any other way, people can hurt you and make you feel bad.

I would ask mods to sticky my post but I don’t care about anything! F off!

Someone explain who this post is versus! I don't know who it's versus!