The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

2 hours ago, bonedigger said:

Do Udiscover and and Sound of Vinyl typically send out shipping notices?  

UDiscover sends shipping notices.  I've had good and bad experiences with them.  Once it was nearly a month before the order (nothing was a pre-order) I placed shipped.  Other times I got a quick shipping notice.  Items were packed well.

I didn't see a thread about this but Walmart is having a sale right now in store, all the vinyl regardless of original price is $15

Tonight I picked up:

No Doubt - Icon 2xLP (Walmart Exclusive) normally $34.97

Beastie Boys - Licensed To Ill (30th Anniversary) normally $22.97

Nirvana - Unplugged in New York, normally $22.97

Nirvana - Self Titled (Walmart Exclusive on "Smoke color", some kind of Greatest Hits?) normally $23.97

Got a bunch of stuff also, new exclusive red AC/DC, Guns n Roses Hits splatter, J5 Ultimate (2 colors).. 

I saw they had Stevie Nicks 6LP box listed online as well but all my stores were sold out.  Electronics guy said he wondered why people were buying 30-40 albums at a time and stacks of the same titles. The J5 is on discogs for 200 bucks LOL. 
seems the sale is over now. 

If I wasn’t getting the Pink Floyd stuff Friday I would have bought more titles. Was still a lot of good stuff in the rack and a special cardboard stand, surprisingly. 

1 hour ago, hirize said:

The Stevie Nicks  Stand Back box is now listed as $30 if you can find one in a store. $50 to order online

spacer.png

Look out though.

What you have listed there is the 2LP Wal-Mart “abridged” version of the box set.

It just has her main stuff and is missing a lot of the rare tracks.

Would LOVE to score the 6lp set for $30-$50!

On 11/10/2020 at 11:34 AM, KaitouG said:

Still waiting on shipping for uDiscover order from 11/1 and SoV order from 11/4. I did get shipping info for an uD order from 11/2 just yesterday tho.

I also have yet to receive a notice from uD about the Stones box set I ordered on 11/2. Ordered an LP on 11/4 from uD, got a notice and received it in 5 days. Looks like a toss-up as others have said --  makes me feel a little better.

3 minutes ago, nate_8907 said:

I also have yet to receive a notice from uD about the Stones box set I ordered on 11/2. Ordered an LP on 11/4 from uD, got a notice and received it in 5 days. Looks like a toss-up as others have said --  makes me feel a little better.

Im still waiting to for my order from like 2 wks ago. It was like that when they had the sale in July. They're prob really backed up with orders. Should be shipping within a few days. 

The Walmart sale is over, it was like a pre-Black Friday thing. 

I don’t understand why they used the same cover for the exclusive Stevie Nicks 2LP as the 6LP.  

@nate_8907 I live near Riverside Hospital so I go to Bethel/Sawmill usually, occasionally Georgesville Rd to hit Amy’s Donuts 👍

I didn’t know it was a sale either and then when I was there I thought it was only Walmart exclusives or I would have scored some other stuff on my want list.

Edited by hirize