The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

50 minutes ago, IndigoHollow said:

You can't apply both. At least I failed to do it.

Oh, I didn't mean apply both, just meant it is an alternative. If the first record you're buying for the BOGO offer is relatively expensive, could be more savings with a flat 20% off.

One of these days I will learn my lesson and stop ordering records from Target. The majority of the records I’ve ever ordered from them were all pretty beat when they arrived, but I thought having 3 in a box might help that some. Nope. On the one hand I have zero intention on ever getting rid of these (3 Mogwai records), but just more the principle than anything else. 

2 hours ago, aopps42 said:

One of these days I will learn my lesson and stop ordering records from Target. The majority of the records I’ve ever ordered from them were all pretty beat when they arrived, but I thought having 3 in a box might help that some. Nope. On the one hand I have zero intention on ever getting rid of these (3 Mogwai records), but just more the principle than anything else. 

I've had really good luck from Target. I've done this B2G1 deal four or five times and have only one small corner ding. Everything else has been perfect. Of course, that means the box I'm getting this week will be beat to hell!!

9 hours ago, aopps42 said:

Bull Moose my friend.

And then just use your points.

Edited by Plarocks

4 hours ago, aopps42 said:

I do order a decent amount from BM for preorders, but when I see the B2G1 sales, my logic and reason tends to go out the window. 

I get it. I do the same thing when Deep Discount does one of those fire sales. But if I am paying $7 for a record that would be $30 otherwise, I will not care if it is dinged. Ironically, all my packages from there have been great!

The last two times I got orders from Target, on both occasions, I got jacked up records.

I was able to just buy a mint replacement in store, and then return the jacked up one, but what a pain. 🙄

I have been avoiding their mail order ever since. 

On Target: Agreed they ship terribly, and that the B2G1F is hard to pass up. However, it is important to note that Target has great customer service, and will often give you a full refund, and you don't have to return the item. A couple of examples:

I ordered a record from them a few months ago, and the first copy was destroyed in a plastic bag. I sent it back, and got a replacement, which was in a giant box. The second copy was only slightly dinged, but I complained again. This time I didn't have to send it back, they sent a third copy, and I got a full refund. I wound up with two copies of the record for free and sold one on Discogs for 50% off. So I made money off this Target experience. :)

Then one of my kids got two of the same $20 LEGO set for Christmas. One was from me, and one from a grandparent. I bought mine from Target, and went online to return it. To my pleasant surprise, they refunded me my money, and then told me I could keep or "recycle" the set.

On 2/16/2021 at 2:30 PM, Alan P said:

On Target: Agreed they ship terribly, and that the B2G1F is hard to pass up. However, it is important to note that Target has great customer service, and will often give you a full refund, and you don't have to return the item. A couple of examples:

I ordered a record from them a few months ago, and the first copy was destroyed in a plastic bag. I sent it back, and got a replacement, which was in a giant box. The second copy was only slightly dinged, but I complained again. This time I didn't have to send it back, they sent a third copy, and I got a full refund. I wound up with two copies of the record for free and sold one on Discogs for 50% off. So I made money off this Target experience. :)

Then one of my kids got two of the same $20 LEGO set for Christmas. One was from me, and one from a grandparent. I bought mine from Target, and went online to return it. To my pleasant surprise, they refunded me my money, and then told me I could keep or "recycle" the set.

Thank you for jogging my memory.

I ordered a Lone Bellow LP from Target, and they ended up sending me a copy of Dinosaur Jr - Without a Sound. 

I called to ask if they could please send me the record I actually ordered, and they shipped the Lone Bellow LP.

As a bonus, I got to keep Dino! 🤘🏻

Edited by Plarocks