The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

A decent amount of stuff I could have grabbed off Walmart. Decided to not grab everythinggggg. Got Blues Brothers soundtrack since my original copy is worn out, got the Alabama Shakes deluxe reissue pre order (great savings), and the Elf soundtrack for the lady for Xmas. Nice that it was also free shipping and did two separate orders cause of the pre order without having any issues. No extra charges for that. 

I went to Walmart this morning and it is true--all vinyl is $15. I picked up a few things. My overall observation though is what horrible condition most of the records are in. Many have the shrink ripped, corners bent, etc. Some of the albums no longer even had the shrink, and I even saw a couple where the inner sleeve had been removed. This seems like a great strategy for Walmart to purge their entire inventory so that they can figure out how to handle records properly, or just stop selling them altogether. Also, at checkout I had to decline a $2 protection plan for each record I bought, ha!

3 hours ago, Alan P said:

I went to Walmart this morning and it is true--all vinyl is $15. I picked up a few things. My overall observation though is what horrible condition most of the records are in. Many have the shrink ripped, corners bent, etc. Some of the albums no longer even had the shrink, and I even saw a couple where the inner sleeve had been removed. This seems like a great strategy for Walmart to purge their entire inventory so that they can figure out how to handle records properly, or just stop selling them altogether. Also, at checkout I had to decline a $2 protection plan for each record I bought, ha!

i had that same protection plan offered to me when buying those $1 hot wheels cars at target last week, incredible new grift for these big box stores

So...wow. Stopped by Walmart today and bought a bunch of stuff I didn't expect to. Garage Inc, Load, Reload, Jagged Little Pill, Sour, and Man In The Moon 3 for $15 each. Never would have probably gotten most of those if they were more than $15, but still sweet.

Went to 2 Walmarts earlier after work. Got St. Anger, Reload, Holy Diver, Pantera comp, GnR comp and Forrest Gump. 

Waiting for AEW to end then hitting up one more and then will stop at another tomorrow. Wish I knew it was all records but most the records they had were Walmart exclusives anyway. 

7 hours ago, onandonandon said:

Went to Walmart on my lunch break and saw that the deal was still going on. Walked out with 10 records. If anyone can find a copy of Third Eye Blind's self-titled, that's the only title I am missing from this sale.

Wish I'd seen this yesterday, they had a copy at my local when I went in for the sale

Been to two so far and picked up: 

Danger Days, Black Parade, Tickets to My Downfall, Hybrid Theory, Follow the Leader

Haven't seen any AIC, 3EB, Green Day, or many of the hip-hop exclusives (Migos, Future, Nipsey etc.)

Gonna hunt around the suburbs and small town Walmarts this weekend. If anyone has a wantlist let me know. Down to trade or ship some stuff. 

I found a copy of Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast / Beast Over Hammersmith

at my local store today.  The price tag was $57.97, which of course is what it rang up at.  The other 4 titles rang up at $15.  The manager wouldn’t give it to me and I couldn’t find a flyer saying all in store vinyl was $15.  Kinda bummed!