Jump to content
itsgoodtobefree

The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

Recommended Posts

On 11/29/2018 at 5:10 AM, vinyl addict said:

 

 

Why sell the originals? They most likely have better sound.

do they not sound any good? I have yet to hear the new masters, but with how involved the band was and how great many of the reviews are that I have read, it seems to be a pretty stellar set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, kjkenney said:

do they not sound any good? I have yet to hear the new masters, but with how involved the band was and how great many of the reviews are that I have read, it seems to be a pretty stellar set.

 

 

I'm honestly not sure. There is a review on Discogs that mentions many pressing issues.

 

I usually tend to go for all analog, with no digital in the mix.  Most of the releases these days are digital.

My original Queen albums sound great though, I never noticed anything that needed improvement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

 

 

I'm honestly not sure. There is a review on Discogs that mentions many pressing issues.

 

I usually tend to go for all analog, with no digital in the mix.  Most of the releases these days are digital.

My original Queen albums sound great though, I never noticed anything that needed improvement. 

ah yeah, saw that  review under the other two that describe it as flawless.  that must be hard with no digital mixes considering how many albums utilize that! different strokes and such

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, swb said:

Anyone else have a Music Vaultz order with tracking that is sitting at "electronic info submitted" since 11/30? I know Canada had a postal service strike but not sure if that is related to items not being scanned as received for that long.

Hi Konstantin,

 

Thanks for placing your order with MusicVaultz.. much appreciated!

 

Yes, I can confirm your order has shipped with Canada Post on 11/30 with Tracking # CXxxxxxxCA.

 

Unfortunately, Canada Post (Canada’s version of USPS) has been in a labor dispute with the Federal government over the last few weeks which has resulted in rotating strikes at postal sorting stations across the country. This strike action has caused delays in delivering packages to our customers. We’ve seen delays as long as 10 business days longer than it should normally take.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

That is an insanely good deal! Was really tempted to pre-order at about twice that, glad I didn’t!

I haven't listened yet because of the daunting runtime but I've been hearing really good things so if it stays around that price when I get around to it and I like it enough I'll probably pick one up myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ExtraFox said:

It's sold out, but according to Discogs, lots and lots of these were warped and you could just be buying a dozen 12" black pringles.

Also, the listing's UPC matched the CD version listed on Discogs. Guessing all of those bleeps and bloops will be on shiny silver plastic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 1:58 AM, ExtraFox said:

It's sold out, but according to Discogs, lots and lots of these were warped and you could just be buying a dozen 12" black pringles.

I really dont understand how most people dont own a vinyl flat.

 

Probably 75 percent of new purchase end up in my vinyl flat. Some worse than others but a fair share of dishing going on these days.

 

One of the best investments I have made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

I really dont understand how most people dont own a vinyl flat.

 

Probably 75 percent of new purchase end up in my vinyl flat. Some worse than others but a fair share of dishing going on these days.

 

One of the best investments I have made

I've thought about getting one, but I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've gotten a record warped enough to make something like that necessary and I've been collecting for 14 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

I've thought about getting one, but I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've gotten a record warped enough to make something like that necessary and I've been collecting for 14 years.

Same. Well, 6 years and I've only had two that were bad. I just exchanged them. No biggie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yeah_totally said:

Good deal on Hot Water Music lps over at Rise Records.

 

"It's a Hot Water Music fan's dream come true ☁️ Grab a 20th Anniversary Box Set (comes with 4 LPs!), "Light It Up" AND "Exister" on vinyl now, all for $42.
That's 6 records for $42.
You're welcome."

Thanks for this.  Can't pass that up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×