The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

On 10/28/2016 at 3:11 PM, lethalenforcer said:

Any active deep discount codes out there?

another one:

TODAY’S Deal:
Save 10% on all orders

Enter coupon code SNOW at checkout.
Coupon only valid through 11/04/2016 at noon CT.
10% savings applies to the order total before shipping and taxes.
Some restrictions apply.*

14 hours ago, axotyl said:

another one:

TODAY’S Deal:
Save 10% on all orders

Enter coupon code SNOW at checkout.
Coupon only valid through 11/04/2016 at noon CT.
10% savings applies to the order total before shipping and taxes.
Some restrictions apply.*

Is deep discount legit? They have some stuff I want for some good prices.

7 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

Merchandise Outlet has added a couple of new titles:  

Kings Of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak   $14.99

Led Zeppelin - House of The Holy (Super Deluxe Box Set)  $34.99

http://merchandiseoutlet.com/entertainment/new-category-1/?sort=featured&page=1

CUBS10  for 10% off

4 minutes ago, axotyl said:

i placed an order for like 5 lps when the deal was originally posted. they were shipped quickly and showed up yesterday... in 3 mailers taped together, but everything was new and in good condition.

same here as far as how they are shipped they are A-1 brand new no damage to sleeves 

5 minutes ago, rds said:

Also, more of a bizarre detail and unrelated to the skipping, one of the record center labels is for Fear of Music (the album is Tongues).

We've all had some odd things happen with new records. Don't think this is related to this merchant. I bought The Smiths, Metallica and Op Ivy and there was no problem. But I will agree that while I'm totally happy, it overall seems odd this merchant has great releases at great prices. 

5 hours ago, YouTwo said:

I'm not familiar with Merchandise Outlet.  Are they reliable?

My stuff arrived today in a sketchy looking used mailer, but my records were in perfect shape. Records were sealed and in better shape than most things I get directly from record labels.  Would totally order from them again.

18 hours ago, turk99 said:

We've all had some odd things happen with new records. Don't think this is related to this merchant. I bought The Smiths, Metallica and Op Ivy and there was no problem. But I will agree that while I'm totally happy, it overall seems odd this merchant has great releases at great prices. 

like mentioned above items were in excellent sleeve condition were shipped in a re-used LP mailer taped up securely super fast shipping ordered on Sun & was delivered on Thurs haven't had a chance to play the albums yet.if all is well with the play test i will be more than happy to spend my money with this company! 

55 minutes ago, rds said:

Also, more of a bizarre detail and unrelated to the skipping, one of the record center labels is for Fear of Music (the album is Tongues).

definitely pressing  plant issues

Edited by ImmaculateKicks86

On 11/4/2016 at 3:34 PM, YouTwo said:

I'm not familiar with Merchandise Outlet.  Are they reliable?

I received my Low End Theory and Amy Winehouse records pretty quickly, and they are in great condition. Something about the shrink wrap seemed off. I suspected maybe they were wrapped a second time? But the records sound excellent and the sleeves are perfect.

The only odd thing about it is that they both smell like tires. That pungent smell of rubber at a tire store - that's what they smell like. I've had some cig smoke smelling records, but I've never had a record smell like a tire before. 

1 hour ago, VinylSandwich said:

I received my Low End Theory and Amy Winehouse records pretty quickly, and they are in great condition. Something about the shrink wrap seemed off. I suspected maybe they were wrapped a second time? But the records sound excellent and the sleeves are perfect.

The only odd thing about it is that they both smell like tires. That pungent smell of rubber at a tire store - that's what they smell like. I've had some cig smoke smelling records, but I've never had a record smell like a tire before. 

Interesting. I bought Operation Ivy. It had a 2010 copyright on the back sleeve. I find it strange that an album like that only has 8 owners on discogs. Seems like an odd choice to have in their inventory too. https://www.discogs.com/Operation-Ivy-Energy/release/9261133

45 minutes ago, docbronze said:

I don't know about that. It does look the same, but I've never used that address before.

They originated as deepdiscountdvd, then became deepdiscount.  If you click to login on deepdiscountdvd it just redirects to the deepdiscount address for logging in.  Not sure why the inventory would be different though.