The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

1 minute ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Huh. Had no idea this was even a thing. Is it any good? Wayne has been a little hit and miss the last 10 years.

Some good cuts, but most Wayne albums nowadays are just filler, it's 24 tracks with maybe a couple of really good ones, and a lot you can take or leave. Mahogany and Mama Mia are the stand-out tracks imo.

1 minute ago, Reshiram said:

Some good cuts, but most Wayne albums nowadays are just filler, it's 24 tracks with maybe a couple of really good ones, and a lot you can take or leave. Mahogany and Mama Mia are the stand-out tracks imo.

Right on. Appreciate the quick rundown. I stopped caring mostly after Tha Carter III. Sounds like I don't need this one. 😄

• 4 weeks later...

Bandbox is free this month (code: HAPPYBIRTHDAY) if you pick one of their 6 offered exclusives:

Elliott Smith

Black Pumas

Tycho

Nada Surf

The Hold Steady

Beach Bunny

I have a few records from them and they always include an LP sleeve-sized booklet about the band/ album. It's not worth $36, but it's worth $0 if you want any exclusive, imo.

42 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Bandbox is free this month (code: HAPPYBIRTHDAY) if you pick one of their 6 offered exclusives:

Elliott Smith

Black Pumas

Tycho

Nada Surf

The Hold Steady

Beach Bunny

I have a few records from them and they always include an LP sleeve-sized booklet about the band/ album. It's not worth $36, but it's worth $0 if you want any exclusive, imo.

Just a heads up that I had to sign up for the subscription vs one-time purchase in order for the code to work.

No big deal, it says you're not obligated to keep the subscription after the free one. I've cancelled them after a past promotion without issue.

Thanks

47 minutes ago, Smellman said:

Just a heads up that I had to sign up for the subscription vs one-time purchase in order for the code to work.

No big deal, it says you're not obligated to keep the subscription after the free one. I've cancelled them after a past promotion without issue.

Thanks

Yeah, thanks for clarifying that! It is super easy to cancel it. I've cancelled like 3 different times. 

2 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Elliott Smith

Black Pumas

Tycho

Nada Surf

The Hold Steady

Beach Bunny

Free is a great price point. 

3 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Elliott Smith

Black Pumas

Tycho

Nada Surf

The Hold Steady

Beach Bunny

Thanks for the heads up, went with Nada Surf. 

4 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Elliott Smith

Black Pumas

Tycho

Nada Surf

The Hold Steady

Beach Bunny

Picked up Tycho, thanks!

17 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

When do you have to cancel by? Or can you cancel immediately?

Keen to know this too. 

Also, I wonder if once subscribed using the free code, if you go and change the record, if they will back charge you?

I was looking at switching the Nada Surf record for the Strokes Room On Fire

Edited by andynz

Thanks for the heads up. I needed that Elliott Smith record, and the colored vinyl is cool. 👍🏻

Some glitch happened when I was navigating though the website and it generated two order numbers with a cost of $0 each.

While I only wanted one copy, I wonder if now they are sending me two? 🤔

I am also concerned if I keep this for the next record of the month, whether they will charge me twice. 😣

12 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

I think immediately, but I usually wait until I see some movement on the order but before the next billing date in your account.

54 minutes ago, NoWorthyIcons said:

OP was not accurate, the deal was only good for yesterday, not all month

Oh shit, I didn't realize it was only yesterday. I guess that makes sense. That'd be a lot of free records if they left it open for a month.

13 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Per Bandbox FAQ:

When will my subscription renew?

Bandbox subscriptions renew once per month at Midnight on the 28th (after the initial subscription is made). We highly encourage members to choose their album well before the 28th though!

22 hours ago, andynz said:

Keen to know this too. 

Also, I wonder if once subscribed using the free code, if you go and change the record, if they will back charge you?

I was looking at switching the Nada Surf record for the Strokes Room On Fire

I ended up switching Nada Surf for The Strokes after I subbed using the code. Then I cancelled the sub. 

So we'll see if I get nothing, Nada Surf, The Strokes or The Strokes and a $29 charge... 

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, rrd said:

Disney Music Emporium has 30% off everything plus free shipping today only

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/

There's a few Mondo soundtracks on there, I picked up the Lost set for $35 shipped, originally $50

Dang, I misread that as Mando soundtracks and got really excited. 

Courtesy of a post I saw on r/VinylDeals:

Mom Jeans - Best Buds is up for pre-order for $0.99 on Barnes and Noble. Orders may end up getting cancelled since this obviously way below retail but it’s worth a shot. Limit of 5 copies. Free shipping on orders $35+.

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/best-buds-mom-jeans/33664279

7 hours ago, mychemicalrecords said:

Courtesy of a post I saw on r/VinylDeals:

Mom Jeans - Best Buds is up for pre-order for $0.99 on Barnes and Noble. Orders may end up getting cancelled since this obviously way below retail but it’s worth a shot. Limit of 5 copies. Free shipping on orders $35+.

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/best-buds-mom-jeans/33664279

Thanks, I'm gonna see what happens! I should have bought this record a long time ago.

Deep Discount just added a few good titles to their Blowout Bin. Ice-T, Peter Tosh, Paul Simon, several of the Slowdive MOV EPs, Frank Black “Christmass,” and more.

Not like the deluge before, but I got like 12 of the 15 I ordered this time. 

DEEP10 gets you 10% off with a new e-mail.

12 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Deep Discount just added a few good titles to their Blowout Bin. Ice-T, Peter Tosh, Paul Simon, several of the Slowdive MOV EPs, Frank Black “Christmass,” and more.

Not like the deluge before, but I got like 12 of the 15 I ordered this time. 

DEEP10 gets you 10% off with a new e-mail.

I bought the 3 Gruesome albums they had, already shipped, was like $23 for all 3.