[WANTED] Anberlin Vinyl

TheNative

If you don't mind a wait, they're supposedly releasing a box set within the year.

Does anyone even have a clue as to how many Stranger Ways 7" were made? 

Did some research... only 5 Australia shows... limited VIP experiences... I'd think maybe 10-20 per show... so my logical guess would be #50-100. I'd bet on the latter numbers though.

If you don't mind a wait, they're supposedly releasing a box set within the year.

Did some research... only 5 Australia shows... limited VIP experiences... I'd think maybe 10-20 per show... so my logical guess would be #50-100. I'd bet on the latter numbers though.

Crazy.  I'm not even sure what the economics of producing such a limited number of 7"s would be...I mean, why?  And what are the odds that someone down in Australia is sitting on a few boxes of them that didn't get handed out?

Crazy.  I'm not even sure what the economics of producing such a limited number of 7"s would be...I mean, why?  And what are the odds that someone down in Australia is sitting on a few boxes of them that didn't get handed out?

That's just my guess. The situation where they were handed out is weird. VIP tickets for ANY show are limited. But on the other hand, like you're saying, that's a really small amount. If there are any extras, I don't think there would be much. I'm pretty sure all those dates sold out. And with their "breakup" it's a good time to cash in on them.

Everyone go tweet Tooth & Nail about this mystery!

That's just my guess. The situation where they were handed out is weird. VIP tickets for ANY show are limited. But on the other hand, like you're saying, that's a really small amount. If there are any extras, I don't think there would be much. I'm pretty sure all those dates sold out. And with their "breakup" it's a good time to cash in on them.

Everyone go tweet Tooth & Nail about this mystery!

It's been done before. The band, as well as Tooth and Nail, have very little information or knowledge about the 7".  They certainly don't have any copies of it either...big mystery.

I'm definitely aware of the incoming box set. However, they've been teasing a box set for many years now with no fruition. I'd rather get first pressings snatched up in case the box set is super far out/doesn't happen. Plus, I highly doubt that New Surrender will be pressed in the same capacity, but here's to hoping! 

I've been following the band for a long time and the idea of a "box set" hasn't been a serious/possible thing the band has discussed happening until fairly recently.  Maybe the band has answered inquiries about a box set with a "yeah, that'd be fun to do" in the past but not until the last 6 months has it been put out there that they are planning on one.  So I'd hold out, I think it's gonna happen.  And I bet it's going to have some exclusives in it.

Hoping for a live album or lost songs on vinyl. Good luck at grabbing these pressings at a decent price! Was able to grab cities for 50 last year. NS was a hefty 100 :/

Me too! I've been doing some scouting and have seen some deals but the seller's prices weren't in correlation the grade they were asking for. I managed to snag BFTBM at $27 shipped last month, still stoked about that one!

I've been following the band for a long time and the idea of a "box set" hasn't been a serious/possible thing the band has discussed happening until fairly recently.  Maybe the band has answered inquiries about a box set with a "yeah, that'd be fun to do" in the past but not until the last 6 months has it been put out there that they are planning on one.  So I'd hold out, I think it's gonna happen.  And I bet it's going to have some exclusives in it.

I've been a serious fan since the release of NTFP. I've read interviews, watched videos and have met them in person at many shows, but I suppose I must bow to your expertise in advanced knowledge of "Anberlin Vinyldom".

Me too! I've been doing some scouting and have seen some deals but the seller's prices weren't in correlation the grade they were asking for. I managed to snag BFTBM at $27 shipped last month, still stoked about that one!

I've been a serious fan since the release of NTFP. I've read interviews, watched videos and have met them in person at many shows, but I suppose I must bow to your expertise in advanced knowledge of "Anberlin Vinyldom".

lol. I'm..not sure how to respond to this.  It's okay if you disagree with me.  But the possibility of a box set has never been a "yes, it's gonna happen and it should be this year" kind of thing, from everything I've heard.  But feel free to chime in and convince me otherwise- I'm not an expert ;)

Yea as far as that VIP 7", even Reid, the guy who handles a lot for their online stuff, outright said they basically signed off on it happening but that it was something pressed and done by the Australian promoter for those shows. Basically the only record I'm resigned to not getting because I wouldn't be willing to pay a fortune for a 7" record. And the transparent Godspeed 7" haha.

lol. I'm..not sure how to respond to this.  It's okay if you disagree with me.  But the possibility of a box set has never been a "yes, it's gonna happen and it should be this year" kind of thing, from everything I've heard.  But feel free to chime in and convince me otherwise- I'm not an expert ;)

You came off pretty much as "STFU, you're wrong...it's DEFINITELY coming." I personally feel it's going to be awhile and could possibly not happen, but if you feel the opposite...no big!

Yea as far as that VIP 7", even Reid, the guy who handles a lot for their online stuff, outright said they basically signed off on it happening but that it was something pressed and done by the Australian promoter for those shows. Basically the only record I'm resigned to not getting because I wouldn't be willing to pay a fortune for a 7" record. And the transparent Godspeed 7" haha.

You'd be surprised, I picked up the Godspeed 7" for 30 bucks shipped a few weeks back on eBay. 

You came off pretty much as "STFU, you're wrong...it's DEFINITELY coming." I personally feel it's going to be awhile and could possibly not happen, but if you feel the opposite...no big!

You'd be surprised, I picked up the Godspeed 7" for 30 bucks shipped a few weeks back on eBay.

Wow, totally didn't mean to come off that way. Sorry about that. Since you're new here, just know that sometimes people just say their opinion and it is what it is. It's just a vinyl forum so really, there's no reason to take things personally and get offended.

Dang I must have missed seeing that. Definitely cheaper than the last time I'd seen it.

I stumbled on it with about 30 minutes left on eBay. I was super surprised nobody had jumped on it. How much have you been seeing it?

Hey I have both Cities & New Surrender I'd be willing to part with for the right price. Both a new/mint and unplayed. Make me an offer.

Oooooohh, I'm definitely down to talk! I'll PM you my email, mind sending me pics? 

Wow, totally didn't mean to come off that way. Sorry about that. Since you're new here, just know that sometimes people just say their opinion and it is what it is. It's just a vinyl forum so really, there's no reason to take things personally and get offended.

Hey no worries, man! I've been a forumer for years, so I understand posting etiquette and such. But ya, being brand new here I was taken back slightly, so I decided to go Alpha and assert my dominance back ;) Let's be friends? <3

I stumbled on it with about 30 minutes left on eBay. I was super surprised nobody had jumped on it. How much have you been seeing it?

That seems to be the going rate for the normal version of the 7". It's been a while since I've seen the transparent one. Last one I remember, it sold for around $90.

Oooooohh, I'm definitely down to talk! I'll PM you my email, mind sending me pics? 

Hey no worries, man! I've been a forumer for years, so I understand posting etiquette and such. But ya, being brand new here I was taken back slightly, so I decided to go Alpha and assert my dominance back ;) Let's be friends? <3

Lol it's cool. Best of luck with your Anberlin search, I'll see you in line for the box set if it ever gets released ;)

Lol it's cool. Best of luck with your Anberlin search, I'll see you in line for the box set if it ever gets released ;)

I'll be camping out days ahead of time, just to make sure you don't screw me out of my set ;)

O yea. There are two versions. One is an orange/peach marbled looking record. The other is transparent orange. 

The transparent orange/gold is the rarer one...only released to some indie stores.

Shoot, for real? I guess I haven't done all my research. Looks like I have the marble version...I think. The sun doesn't come through it like it does on my Lowborn vinyl. Looks like I need to add another to my list. 

I'll be camping out days ahead of time, just to make sure you don't screw me out of my set ;)

Shoot, for real? I guess I haven't done all my research. Looks like I have the marble version...I think. The sun doesn't come through it like it does on my Lowborn vinyl. Looks like I need to add another to my list. 

Haha, I'll keep an eye for one for ya.  In my opinion, it'll be the most difficult piece to track down.  The label/band don't even know how many of the clear gold variant were released...I'd guess a few hundred.  

Haha, I'll keep an eye for one for ya.  In my opinion, it'll be the most difficult piece to track down.  The label/band don't even know how many of the clear gold variant were released...I'd guess a few hundred.  

Thanks! I'm very surprised the band/label isn't aware of that type of info...maybe it's not that major of a deal to them?