PO: Best Coast - California Nights

Awesome, thanks guys. The preorders to this are pretty lame, I don't see a reason to not just scoop this off Amazon at a later point. As for the band, I've actually never listened but I got excited after I heard this song, I really like it. I'll have to dig into their discography when I get home later. 

i don't see any reason to pre order this record. with how bad the second record was, i'll wait til i hear this one and pick it up at the record store if it's good. 

i agree with how bad that second one was.

but this preview for this one sounded a lot more promising than the preview from the last one.

i don't see any reason to pre order this record. with how bad the second record was, i'll wait til i hear this one and pick it up at the record store if it's good. 

they are on a pretty much "every other release is terrible" schedule. Their 7"s were pretty much the same. The Fade Away EP was magnificent... I expect this one will be bad.

• 2 weeks later...

While I do like Best Coast and also live in LA, they are really wearing thin this "We're from California it's the best!!!" theme.

Yeah, I miss the fuzzed out, heartbroken, looking for a boyfriend Best Coast. :/

I loved everything up until the first full length, but that second one was AWFUL. If you're gonna put out an album where the production makes it so every single word is crystal clear, you really need to put some kind of effort into writing lyrics that are worth hearing!

Yupppp.

The yellow LP with the cat on it is wicked. Probably my favorite summer road trip record. Everything since has been shit.

3 dudes singing along to "I wish he was my boooyfriieeennddd" with the windows down driving down the Oregon coast?? Take me back.

NcBh4.jpg

But yeah, in all seriousness, I still do play that first album alot on my mp3 player. Even got to see them when they still had Ali on the drums in LA at the Troubadour. But after Only Place, I'm just not enthusiastic about this album if they are continuing down this route.