PO: Best Coast - California Nights

Unpopular opnion, I like their whole catalog, especially their second. My Life is a really beautiful song that sticks with me a lot.

Their first is definitely their catchiest, but the second is better for me personally, same with the EP the new song is alright it'll probably grow on me.

Also I really dig the Wavves, split from awhile back.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw Best Coast play a festival in Phoenix on Saturday night. They played the new single that was released and the self titled track off this album. The track had a bunch of lines about getting high and the song honestly killed it so much more than the tracks off The Only Place and the first single off this album. Good enough to convince me I needed a preorder. It was very guitar heavy and I think you'll all appreciate it

• 1 month later...

I really dig the first few songs. Then it goes downhill. The lyrics get so awful that they can't be ignored by the time the title track plays. 

"california nights make me feel so happy i could die but i try to stay alive... i never wanna get so high that i can't come back down to real life and look you in the eyes and say baby... you're miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeee"

and it's not even that they're fast lyrics. it's a slow song where every word draaaags... 

i really wanted to like this record, but don't see myself picking it up. oh well. 

the reviews are gonna be painful to read. 

stream's up on tumblr: http://irlirl.tumblr.com/bestcoast

already better than their sophomore outing imo (5 songs in). harder and stronger instrumentally, and better production. BUT the lyrics in almost EVERY freaking song so far = boys / relationships / checking her cell phone about said guys