PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

Order Status Change - Ordering Temporarily Suspended
Hello Nils,

The following item which you ordered on 3/3/2015 has experienced a status change.

You do not need to respond if you would like to continue waiting for this item; we still may be able to obtain it. It is very likely that other retailers have the same issues with this item.

If you wish to make changes to your order, please log into your account on our website.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We realize you have many choices for online shopping and thank you for choosing CD Universe.

Best regards,

CD Universe Customer Service

Order Status Change - Ordering Temporarily Suspended
Hello Nils,

The following item which you ordered on 3/3/2015 has experienced a status change.

You do not need to respond if you would like to continue waiting for this item; we still may be able to obtain it. It is very likely that other retailers have the same issues with this item.

If you wish to make changes to your order, please log into your account on our website.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We realize you have many choices for online shopping and thank you for choosing CD Universe.

Best regards,

CD Universe Customer Service

So far I have not received this email so maybe thats a good sign. So 1,000 are going to Europe / UK and 500 to the US. It seems with all the pre orders in the US not many will hit stores.

So far I have not received this email so maybe thats a good sign. So 1,000 are going to Europe / UK and 500 to the US. It seems with all the pre orders in the US not many will hit stores.

Are there really only 500 for the US? I've seen more than 500 people say they've pre-ordered across the various boards. Haha. With so many pre-ordering more than one even. So ZERO chance of anyone finding one in an actual store on release day? 

Are there really only 500 for the US? I've seen more than 500 people say they've pre-ordered across the various boards. Haha. With so many pre-ordering more than one even. So ZERO chance of anyone finding one in an actual store on release day? 

That number is 100% not accurate. Someone just made that up.

why would you be surprised canada would get less than the US or Europe?

No I know that we'd get less, but at the same time, I suppose it feels like we'll get way less proportionally. Maybe just harbouring resentment towards our ridiculous shipping prices and shitty dollar...

I spoke with my local record store, here in Canada. He confirmed that number is not accurate. Canada is also getting some for a Record Store Day release as well, in quite low numbers. He told me the US will be receiving the largest quantity, followed by Europe and lastly Canada. 

How would that person know and the rest of the world/internet wouldnt?

He phoned and spoke with his distributor, asked about the number I told him. They chuckled and said they didn't understand where this number could possibly have come from and complete allotment would not be determined yet, they are currently accepting orders from stores. I mean he put 5 on order and assumes he may get 1. 

I am sure it will all be figured out, I know I will be lining up early anyway. 

I think most people are saying 1,500 because that is what 4AD is saying. 

Quote:

Strictly limited to just 1,500 numbered copies worldwide, Red House Painters contains the four albums released between 1992 and 1995 - Down Colorful Hill, Red House Painters (Rollercoaster), Red House Painters (Bridge) and Ocean Beach (which is being reformatted from it’s original, double 10” release to a double 12” to also include the Shock Me EP). Furthermore, the box comes with a unique design from Chris Bigg (v23) with all six pieces of vinyl being pressed on bronze vinyl

I think most people are saying 1,500 because that is what 4AD is saying. 

Quote:

Strictly limited to just 1,500 numbered copies worldwide, Red House Painters contains the four albums released between 1992 and 1995 - Down Colorful Hill, Red House Painters (Rollercoaster), Red House Painters (Bridge) and Ocean Beach (which is being reformatted from it’s original, double 10” release to a double 12” to also include the Shock Me EP). Furthermore, the box comes with a unique design from Chris Bigg (v23) with all six pieces of vinyl being pressed on bronze vinyl

No one was debating the 1500 number. It was the xxx many per country numbers that are in question.