PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

demand a receipt!  pay face value + shipping.  throw him a fiver for being a nice guy if you insist.  

Dude don't be so quick to judge. Ive sold many things to VCers and never taken advantage. So throwing someone a little extra for going through the trouble to get it for them is "bad" - man your views are little ridged..... 

And you're pretty much saying I am going to lie about how much I paid...cant help but feel your insulting me without knowing me! 

to the second person:

leave the second box set at the store instead of "100% getting it into the hands of a true fan" if I left it at the store, a flipper could buy it, and another one is on ebay....

I am not trying to take advantage at all....and its not just credit card use, I have to drive 40 min to the store and 40 min back, trip to the post office, packaging material and my time (guess you guys live in a state with free gas) LOL, sorry Its ridiculous I even have to point this out, but trying to put it into perspective

Dude don't be so quick to judge. Ive sold many things to VCers and never taken advantage. So throwing someone a little extra for going through the trouble to get it for them is "bad" - man your views are little ridged..... 

And you're pretty much saying I am going to lie about how much I paid...cant help but feel your insulting me without knowing me! 

to the second person:

leave the second box set at the store instead of "100% getting it into the hands of a true fan" if I left it at the store, a flipper could buy it, and another one is on ebay....

I am not trying to take advantage at all....and its not just credit card use, I have to drive 40 min to the store and 40 min back, trip to the post office, packaging material and my time (guess you guys live in a state with free gas) LOL, sorry Its ridiculous I even have to point this out, but trying to put it into perspective

Just ignore about 80% of the people on here. This is the only forum that has this many self entitled pricks with over enflated egos who are convinced their music is the only good music. If you learn to ignore them it's much more pleasant here :P there's lots of great people here, but also a lot of those that are... less great

Just ignore about 80% of the people on here. This is the only forum that has this many self entitled pricks with over enflated egos who are convinced their music is the only good music. If you learn to ignore them it's much more pleasant here :P there's lots of great people here, but also a lot of those that are... less great

I know man, I just feel a simple response was in order because I was being insulted! I guess they don't agree with the most common post made in vinyl collective, "Grab me a copy if you can, ill pay cost + shipping + little extra for your trouble" - Ive seen that post thousands of times...lol 

Thanks for the kind words my friend! And Ive meet and dealt with so many cool people on here, that have hooked me up and I've hooked them up! Then I've dealt with people who want eBay prices or even higher for grabbing a copy of something people want...

I know man, I just feel a simple response was in order because I was being insulted! I guess they don't agree with the most common post made in vinyl collective, "Grab me a copy if you can, ill pay cost + shipping + little extra for your trouble" - Ive seen that post thousands of times...lol 

Thanks for the kind words my friend! And Ive meet and dealt with so many cool people on here, that have hooked me up and I've hooked them up! Then I've dealt with people who want eBay prices or even higher for grabbing a copy of something people want...

Watch my post get down voted to oblivion. I'll stop, but go look at my rep, it's low not from being a dick, but because I can't have an opinion, or I can't ask questions (granted I asked some nooby questions, but I was trying to learn)

I'm done now, so if anyone else wants the soapbox, it's free.

I paid 270 on discogs for this box (struck out at 5 pre orders, thanks Mark kozelek) and felt that it was fair. a huge part of what makes vinyl fun and collectible, and the entire reason this board exists is because these records are implicitly worth more than your other run of the mill records. i think it's awesome when board members help each other out with records at cost, but that shouldn't be demanded or even expected from anybody. These guys are taking at least an hour out of their day to help you out (drive to store, buy item(or multiples, and have to deal with store thinking you're a flipper anyway), pay tax, drive home, package it up, drive to post office, stand in line, pay for shipping, go home and email the buyer tracking). How much is your own time worth to you?

Duuuudes stores should start getting these in, my store is getting 6 at $125 each (I have a feeling it might be a bit more), don't pay flipper prices just yet!!!

I don't know if I can pick more than one up, but if I can, who wants one? I can't let you all pay insane prices when it'll be at my store tomorrow.

Duuuudes stores should start getting these in, my store is getting 6 at $125 each (I have a feeling it might be a bit more), don't pay flipper prices just yet!!!

I don't know if I can pick more than one up, but if I can, who wants one? I can't let you all pay insane prices when it'll be at my store tomorrow.

I'll take one if you can get an extra.

Please put me down for one. The anticipation for SSD to pull through for me is killing me, but I'd like to have a backup plan.

I'll give my shop a call tomorrow and see what's up and message you guys for sure.

That would be awesome of you.  I won't get my hopes too high, but I'd love to hear some positive news from either you or Sound Stage, tomorrow.  I've been trying to be patient, but I was told I'd have an answer "early this week" regarding the $160 I have tied up.  I'm up for a "we're sorry to inform you..." e-mail at this point; just something to end the wondering.

to the second person:

Easy sailor. Forgive me for advocating on behalf of the buyer when it sounded like you were saying "yea pay cost plus expenses and whoever greases it the nicest will get it." It's nothing personal. The "get a receipt" part was a joke. Of course it's ridiculous. People just get super hyped about getting things on RSD that they spend way more and people feel entitled to ask for a premium because they're "doing someone a favor." By virtue, when you ask for a convenience tax, the favor is no longer a favor. Again, nothing personal toward you, just so happened you made the comment amidst a sea of otherwise seemingly genuinely helpful posts. Yall dudes need to relax.

Thanks, but no thanks. I refuse to pre-order any vinyl ever from Amazon given that I believe I've had two Kozelek releases fall through with them so far.

count me in! thanks, Morrissey!