PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

ive always wondered - theuncool lists

• 300 (Black)
  • 600 (Blue & Blue/Black)

does that mean that there are 600 of each blue marble and blue/black marble?  I suspect not, and that the subtle difference (actually pretty obvious in the pic) is just a variation of the pressing run and not an intentional one, i.e. 600 total, some blue marble, some blue/black marble.  i have not yet seen a marbled copy with black in it.

ive always wondered - theuncool lists

• 300 (Black)
  • 600 (Blue & Blue/Black)

does that mean that there are 600 of each blue marble and blue/black marble?  I suspect not, and that the subtle difference (actually pretty obvious in the pic) is just a variation of the pressing run and not an intentional one, i.e. 600 total, some blue marble, some blue/black marble.  i have not yet seen a marbled copy with black in it.

I've not seen a copy of ATL in person, and have always thought since it's a double LP that one record was blue/white marble and the other was blue/black marble 

Kudos to everyone who won the "RSD box set lottery." 

I think I set my own dubious record... 7 different preorders at 7 different sites (most within the first 20 min of the PO going up)... And it's looking like every single site is gonna cancel with NO actual copies in stock.

Meanwhile, Amazon (which has NEVER once come through on any sort of "limited" PO for me) has plenty of copies to ship, along with that great music lover's mecca Best Buy.  :wacko:

On the plus side, my local store got in one copy. (And I asked him to hold it for me if it actually came in, way back during the initial 4AD PO clusterfuck.) On the downside... As per 4AD's request, he's selling it for RSD. So unless I camp out tonight, that one's gone too.

Sorry to vent and I know the black vinyl copies are coming (eventually), but this entire situation seems like it was designed explicitly to make me despise every fiber of 4AD and their "distribution system." 

I should've been more specific. obviously best buy, barnes and noble and cd universe prices don't count because they aren't getting any.

Best Buy has confirmed they are shipping out to the lucky few who actually POed there. (Not the $14.99 mislabel... The real $160 one.)

Also, BB at $159.99 isn't really the cheapest price.