PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

Let this thread sink so I can stop being reminded about the time I literally slept through this pre-order. Thanks.

These words sear my flesh with truth

I've been rabidly calling record stores all morning and they all said they are checking their distributor and they are all lucky to even get 1 if any at all and don't have any more details

Fucking thanks 4AD 

This is so stupid. But in a month we'll get 10,000 picture discs of Flashdance pressed for RSD.

This hurts...

I'm among the group that found Benji to be very overrated (despite Dogs being one of the best songs he has ever written).   I would have ordered this in 30 seconds though.   One of the downsides to being on the west coast I suppose.

Man I hate these super small releases followed by a "larger" roll-out via RSD.  Cannot stand RSD!  I would have picked this up in a second had I not been 3 hours late. 

that's not exactly what's happening. some of the 1500 will be available in non-US RSD and some will be available the following tuesday in US record stores. 

Still a total pressing of 1500.

Being based in the States I'm actually being hopeful that these won't be as hard to find since it won't be a RSD release here. If it were then you'd be guaranteed to be screwed by those flippers who are first in line at the shops. But it's possible that some of these will actually end up online for sale as well as being at the stores. Now I'm sure that they will fly off the shelves regardless, and still be quite hard to track down, but really our odds are much better than a RSD only release.

Also I'm betting a very very small amount were sold earlier and as soon as it hit Pitchfork I'm sure those just vanished. So there are probably still 1300 of these out there somewhere waiting for us to find them when the time comes.