PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

Thanks, but no thanks. I refuse to pre-order any vinyl ever from Amazon given that I believe I've had two Kozelek releases fall through with them so far.

Can't argue with that logic. Oh wait. Yes you can.  It isn't Amazon's fault if they don't get copies. They open things up for preorder and fulfill them based on what they get. 

RICHARD I see you reading this thread, I doubt I can get an extra copy from you guys for the board, right? Or would you let me?

I set one aside for you yesterday before I left.  Out of the six that we got, only two were going to hit the floor (all the others were special orders).  I think we were told to limit these to one per customer  :( if you come with someone else though, it wouldn't be an issue just letting them pick up an extra one!  I have off today, but if you were to call and just put one on hold for whoever you'd come with, that'd be totally fine.

Then again, I feel like we should be able to make an exception for you since you are a regular customer, and showed some serious dedication on RSD haha.

Well, I'll throw my name in the hat if you're doing the random route.

Thanks

I got sooo many PMs about extra copies, and so like I said, I'll try and get some, but if I can only manage an extra copy, how would you guys like me to choose who gets to buy it, just by whoever asked first or random name choosing?

Can't argue with that logic. Oh wait. Yes you can.  It isn't Amazon's fault if they don't get copies. They open things up for preorder and fulfill them based on what they get. 

No, didn't say it was their fault. However, if Bull Moose does the same thing and comes through every time for me, it's not hard to see who I'm going to trust more. I'm not sure what Amazon's problem has been in the past. Maybe they have such a large order base that I just get in way past their allocation or maybe Koz doesn't like them so they get short-changed. :) I'm surprised he lets any external retailer carry his vinyl instead of selling them to people he likes out of his van, they can be so limited.

Alright guys, I was only able to secure one extra from another shop unfortunately, sorry to get anyone too excited :(

I used a random name picker and the winner is ChardeeMacdennis!

I still have an order with Amazon and if that doesn't fall through (fat chance), I'll have another copy to sell at cost.

For those still holding out hope on SSD, just did a chat with the customer service, this does not fill me with confidence-

You are now chatting with 'SoundStageDirect'

SoundStageDirect: Hello.  How may I assist you?

john: Hi, just wanted to check on the status of a pre-order. today is release day for the red house painters boxset and i wanted to see if i was able to secure one from soundstage. do you need the invoice number from my paypal preorder?

SoundStageDirect: We are having a conference with the record company this afternoon. Once we hear from them we will send an email update to everyone who has the Red House Painters (Box Set) on order.

john: good deal, thanks for the info!

Alright guys, I was only able to secure one extra from another shop unfortunately, sorry to get anyone too excited :(

I used a random name picker and the winner is ChardeeMacdennis!

I still have an order with Amazon and if that doesn't fall through (fat chance), I'll have another copy to sell at cost.

This dude is so much cooler than the real Morrissey. Thanks for helping out the board!

I just got my box from Bull Moose. It's beautiful. :)

The silver colored Ocean Beach artwork looks really nice.

Can't wait to play them!

Lastly, a big THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to this thread. I'm going to miss the mystery of whether I would get the box set or not, but Bull Moose came through to save the day. Will definitely order a lot more from them in the future because they were so awesome about this. 

Hope all of those who wanted this will end up getting it, but at least the standard vinyl reissues are coming soon! 

I just got my box from Bull Moose. It's beautiful. :)

The silver colored Ocean Beach artwork looks really nice.

Can't wait to play them!

Lastly, a big THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to this thread. I'm going to miss the mystery of whether I would get the box set or not, but Bull Moose came through to save the day. Will definitely order a lot more from them in the future because they were so awesome about this. 

Hope all of those who wanted this will end up getting it, but at least the standard vinyl reissues are coming soon!

Can you describe the way your copy was packaged for shipping? Was your pizza box wrapped in bubble wrap? Was it flopping around inside the shipping box? Thx.

Can you describe the way your copy was packaged for shipping? Was your pizza box wrapped in bubble wrap? Was it flopping around inside the shipping box? Thx.

It came in a big box with bubble wrap and cardboard paper lining. It was pretty well protected, but I think it could move a little inside the shipping box. 

No seam splits, by the way. Even with the lightweight inner sleeves, so I'm surprised. 

I just pulled the trigger on the black reissues too. $84.05 shipped. I was initially pretty bummed that I didn't get the Boxset, but since I plan on listening (not too concerned about the collectible aspect) I'm actually pretty stoked that these were almost half the price. Defintey glad I didn't caught up in the excitement and pay flipper prices...

Did anyone who ordered one from Bullmoose get it cancelled? I know they said they couldn't fulfill them all but i got my order in a week after they went live and got one. So i imagine everyone who placed an order at least on the first day before they removed it got one? Oh and a BIG THANK YOU to you itsgoodtobefree as it was you who posted when Bullmoose accidentally relisted them for a few minutes which is how i got mine!

Got 'dat black bundle.

So from what I can gather, are these the same releases, same number of discs, just on black? I wonder if they will contain the download codes as well.

Judging from the price difference in the box set vs. the bundle, that must have been some expensive shrink wrap and cardboard :)

It was a $25 price difference. :)