PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

Just got this email from Soundstage....

Unfortunately, the allotment of the Red House Painters Box Set we were promised by the record label did not arrive as expected.  As record collectors ourselves, we understand how frustrating this can be. Therefore, we can extend an offer for one of the following options:

1) A bundle of all the individual albums included in the Red House Painters Box Set at the discounted rate of $84.99. This limited edition bundle will be pressed on black vinyl and will be 
available in August.  If you choose this option, you will be refunded the difference in price.
http://www.soundstagedirect.com/red-house-painters-bundle-vinyl-records.shtml

2) A bundle of all the individual albums included in the Red House Painters Box Set with a store credit for $75.00 (which is the difference in price plus $15).
http://www.soundstagedirect.com/red-house-painters-bundle-vinyl-records.shtml

3) Store Credit via email gift certificate for 20% above the price of the box set. For example, if you paid $149.99 you will receive a store credit for $180.00. The gift certificate has no expiration date and can be used towards anything on the site.

4) Refund for the total amount paid. 

Please reply back with the number of the option you would like. If we don’t hear back from you by 4/29/2015 we will go forward with option 3. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.  Please let us know how you wish to proceed and feel free to contact us with any questions.

Good on them for trying to make some reparations.

I've decided for sure I'm going to sell my set. Still sealed. Basically at my cost, which was overpriced to begin with. $270US including shipping and Paypal fees to anywhere in US, $260 to Canada. Local pickup in Toronto for $280 Canadian. Outside of Canada/US, shipping will likely be at least $60 (for untracked surface mail), so let me know only if you're really serious about paying for that.

Edit: some of my math a bit wrong. Prices adjusted.

I wonder if everything will be the exact same with the covers and such...with the black copies (id imagine so) 

Yea if you don't care about colored vinyl, the 2 boxes its in, and it being numbered the black bundle is clearly the way to go! 

I like the box personally over the black bundle but thats just me...but the mark ups make the box set not for everyone! Just a select bunch that care above the above...and all..

The box seems pretty cool if not a bit inconvenient. I'm a fan of the way the bronze / gold turned out, and also obsessive over opting for limited editions. So I'm a bit torn. If the black presses are indeed bountiful, I may just wait a bit to see if I can't somehow get super lucky with a box. I'd love to finally own these, but patience is a virtue.

The box seems pretty cool if not a bit inconvenient.

I read that multiple times regarding box sets. I never even thought about putting the records back in there after taking them out for the first time. That would be such a hassle.. The sleeves are nice and sturdy, I couldn't think of a reason to not store them in poly bags separately, like the rest of the collection.

I read that multiple times regarding box sets. I never even thought about putting the records back in there after taking them out for the first time. That would be such a hassle.. The sleeves are nice and sturdy, I couldn't think of a reason to not store them in poly bags separately, like the rest of the collection.

I don't own too many boxsets, myself, but that seems to be the practical route if you plan on revisiting them frequently.  What do you use the "storage" box for?  Anything?  Or just stash it somewhere else for keepsake?

I don't own too many boxsets, myself, but that seems to be the practical route if you plan on revisiting them frequently.  What do you use the "storage" box for?  Anything?  Or just stash it somewhere else for keepsake?

I have two squares of expedits stuffed with empty boxsets.. I have no idea what to do with them :D I used to place them on top of the expedits, nicely arranged, but it got too crowded up there and really was a pain in the ass to keep clean.

Hmm inconvenient? Not to me, I have the box next to all my other boxes. When I want to listen to it, this box is the most practical, in that I just flip the top open and I can see which LP I want and just grab it and put in on the table, then return it to the box when I am done. I have the open side of the sleeves sticking up so I don't even have to remove the sleeve, just the vinyl... Just like I do with a poly bag, grab the LP out of the sleeve and then put it back?

I am not getting the inconvenience of a box? Unless its one where you have to open the top and its 2 separate parts, that gets a little annoying having multiple pieces to it...but the RHP isn't like that....anyway 

c30fabc851f7c665e7c5239c52cb2952.jpg

"I'll bet those Golden Tickets make the chocolate taste terrible"