Built to Spill - Untethered Moon

So they opened for Brand New? man that just feels...wrong

BtS are opening up for Death Cab in Portland but I am breaking my rule to see BtS as much as humanly possible because Death Cab are the worst ever. It doesn't seem right for BtS to be opening. At least Jesse gave them credit but it doesn't make sese for a legendary band to be opening for bands that aren't close to their status and are just ripping them off.

It pains to say this but there is no way Built To Spill could have sold out the Shrine without Brand New on the bill. And I would guess that at least 70% of attendees would have left after Brand New's set had Built To Spill played last. So yeah. It feels wrong but it's just logical for them to open. All I can do is be glad that 100s of Brand New fans got exposed to my heroes and that at least Jesse Lacey acknowledged the bizarreness of them playing after legends.

Bought two copies and both were black. Finding a blue copy of this is going to kill me.

The odds are actually pretty good for you if you buy 20 :) but yeah, good luck on finding one! BtS is one of my favorite bands and the blue one would be cool, but I'm very happy with simply having this.

If anyone gets a blue copy I'll make it worth your while. I'll trade you a black copy, give you a sealed copy of Ultimate Alternative Wavers, and  some cash on top as well. I've got a collection that's pretty damn near complete. (there's a few records and tapes missing from this photo. I need to take another)

wQ4M1qf.jpg

Holy shit. My Brand New collection just wept.

Spinning this now- maybe it's just familiarity now that it's setting in, but I'm suddenly enjoying this more.

Is the coloured version for all of North America or just the US? I think my boss overestimated peoples interest in BtS around here so there's like 20 copies of this record sitting on the shelf. Tempted to slice them open to find a coloured one to help you guys out.

You'd quickly move up my list of favorite VC members. :)

Is the coloured version for all of North America or just the US? I think my boss overestimated peoples interest in BtS around here so there's like 20 copies of this record sitting on the shelf. Tempted to slice them open to find a coloured one to help you guys out.

Please and thank you. Give into the temptation.