Built to Spill - Untethered Moon

Best Built to Spill since Keep It Like a Secret. Fight me.

I feel like an ass for complaining about the album a few pages back but yeah, best since Keep It Like A Secret but equal to Ancient Melodies to me (Ancient Melodies has You Are, which might bump it up just a little). BtS are the greatest ever. "So" is my jam.

I feel like an ass for complaining about the album a few pages back but yeah, best since Keep It Like A Secret but equal to Ancient Melodies to me (Ancient Melodies has You Are, which might bump it up just a little). BtS are the greatest ever. "So" is my jam.

I'm glad you've seen the light!

yeah album is unbelievable, couldn't be happier. Saw them on Saturday night and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Doug kept getting feedback on his mic, but just smiled it off and focused on his playing, everything sounded spot on. They played stuff off of everything but the first two albums. Was really hoping to see 'Car' or 'Twin Falls' live, but I ain't complaining :) I drove two hours to see them since it sold out locally the night before, worth every minute and every penny. 

They just announced two nights in Portland in July. I am so excited. It will weirdly be their third and fourth time playing here in less than a year.

yeah album is unbelievable, couldn't be happier. Saw them on Saturday night and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Doug kept getting feedback on his mic, but just smiled it off and focused on his playing, everything sounded spot on. They played stuff off of everything but the first two albums. Was really hoping to see 'Car' or 'Twin Falls' live, but I ain't complaining :) I drove two hours to see them since it sold out locally the night before, worth every minute and every penny. 

Weird, every time I've seen them they play Car and Twin Falls. What were they playing from the new record or is it too new to recognize already?

Also, are they touring as a 3 piece?

Weird, every time I've seen them they play Car and Twin Falls. What were they playing from the new record or is it too new to recognize already?

Also, are they touring as a 3 piece?

bah of course not now! They were a 5 piece. Three guitars man it was amazing! They played Living Zoo, When I'm Blind, Never Be the Same, opened with Traces, played like an 8 minute version of Strange, Carry the Zero, I Would Hurt a Fly and the highlight was You Were Right. God just so good!

I love that I can always count on Built to Spill to come down here to South Florida. Seeing them May 13, last time I saw them was the day Lou Reed died and they played a 40ish minute cover of Sister Ray. Best live moment I've had so far easily.

I was trying to remember who here saw that and thought it was you. That is awesome. As far as them playing Twin Falls and Car, I've seen them nearly ten times and have never seen Twin Falls and have only seen Car like twice.

I was trying to remember who here saw that and thought it was you. That is awesome. As far as them playing Twin Falls and Car, I've seen them nearly ten times and have never seen Twin Falls and have only seen Car like twice.

Thinking back I've seen them four times and they actually didn't play Twin Falls the last time. Every time they play car and the first three had the Twin Falls / Some combo. 

bah of course not now! They were a 5 piece. Three guitars man it was amazing! They played Living Zoo, When I'm Blind, Never Be the Same, opened with Traces, played like an 8 minute version of Strange, Carry the Zero, I Would Hurt a Fly and the highlight was You Were Right. God just so good!

Oh man that sounds awesome. I was hoping they weren't gonna tour as a three piece but thought there was probably a small chance since Doug wrote the guitar parts for the new album alone. 5 is always the best, their 3 guitar layering live is perfect [from now on]

Edit: Carry the Zero and I Would Hurt a Fly are every show songs right? They definitely played both of those every time I've seen them.

Couldn't ask for a much better set than this

Are they playing Twilight this year?

Kind of. Ogden is also doing a Twilight Concert Series this year for the Month of June, while Salt Lake is coving July/August. Built to Spill got announced as the headliner for the first week in June. I've heard that Purity Ring are playing one of the weeks in Ogden too.