Sigur Rós - ágætis byrjun expanded limited edition

I can say this.....your wait for Takk on vinyl has been heard....the packaging is really really really stunning and I can't imagine anybody being disappointed in it when you have it in hand.

(There will be plenty to go around...trust me)

more ( ) coming as well....haven't seen that one in person yet though

sadly, I know nothing about the Hold-Up on the title that this thread is about though.....sorry

More ( )? Is that the box set they were planning on doing or something different altogether?

Also, Takk. Fuck yeah.

But seriously, I'm not sure.  I would assume he has a job in some kind of distributive field.  He's a regular and it'd seem weird for him to randomly lie about a repress.  (Not that I'm accusing you of calling him a liar, or anything of that sort.)  I just hope he's not misinformed or misinterpreting info.

My Day-Job is permanent part-time help at the ThinkIndie/C.I.M.S. (Coalition of Independent Music Stores) warehouse. I don't know when the solicitation goes out to store owners for these titles, but the prototype came in for inspection last week (not a test-press). Basically you have the band to thank for the repress of Takk, they have been paying attention to the demand and pushing their label for the repress. To my knowledge we (ThinkIndie/C.I.M.S.) were offered distribution rights for the U.S. version of it by their label in conjunction with the band.

My Night Job is working at a Bowery South owned 500 cap music venue/Stumptown coffee and cocktail bar

Both of which sound rad....but in reality are actually just a low paying warehouse job and a low paying barbacking job...both of which occasionally have perks

..and now let's hope I don't get in trouble for letting the cat out of the bag

My Day-Job is permanent part-time help at the ThinkIndie/C.I.M.S. (Coalition of Independent Music Stores) warehouse. I don't know when the solicitation goes out to store owners for these titles, but the prototype came in for inspection last week (not a test-press). Basically you have the band to thank for the repress of Takk, they have been paying attention to the demand and pushing their label for the repress. To my knowledge we (ThinkIndie/C.I.M.S.) were offered distribution rights for the U.S. version of it by their label in conjunction with the band.

1f64c-google-android.png

To be fair I didn't dig into the second pocket, might've been a 10" on that side as well that I missed, I was more blown away by the entire package. This might be just a full repress exactly like the original pressing. I don't have a copy of the first pressing to compare the two, and the prototype went back across the pond already

To my knowledge, just another new pressing of ( ), but again, I haven't seen that one just yet

(I accidentally downvoted this post when I meant to upvote it, sorry!)

Thanks for the info. ( ) got a reissue earlier this year in the UK but never made it to the US when all the other Sigur Ros reissues did so maybe that's what it is?

To be fair I didn't dig into the second pocket, might've been a 10" on that side as well that I missed, I was more blown away by the entire package. This might be just a full repress exactly like the original pressing. I don't have a copy of the first pressing to compare the two, and the prototype went back across the pond already

Did it have a 3-fold gatefold thinger?

R-2003027-1257911572.gif.jpg

Not worried about upvotes or downvotes....they don't mean anything on here. I also don't own a computer so I never see them.

Yes, had the book bound gatefold with jazz in the middle all embossed and such. It's a really rad package. I'm not terribly important there so I didn't get to spend much time with it, just kind of looked at it, felt the embossed, opened the gatefold and slid the first disc out, reassembled and passed it along