Placebo - Discography Re-Press

Say What?! Finally I can buy Meds for less than $100.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/news/placebo-20th-anniversary-celebrations-and-streaming-services-launch

PLACEBO 20TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS AND STREAMING SERVICES LAUNCH 10-02-2015

OVER THE NEXT 12 MONTHS PLACEBO WILL RE-RELEASE THEIR MILESTONE ALBUMS REMASTERED FOR THE FIRST TIME ON HIGH QUALITY VINYL VIA UNIVERSAL MUSIC

2016 marks 20 years since Placebo released their eponymous seminal first album.  To mark the anniversary year the band are embarking on a two year period of celebratory retrospective activity.

For the first time Placebo’s entire back catalogue will be available on streaming services worldwide. From Monday 16th February, over the course of a week the band will release one album each day - rollout as follows:

Monday 16th February – Placebo

Tuesday 17th February – Without You I’m Nothing

Wednesday 18th February – Black Market Music

Thursday 19th February – Sleeping With Ghosts

Friday 20th February – Meds

Saturday 21st February – Battle For The Sun

Sunday 22nd February – Covers (Originally released on ‘Sleeping With Ghosts’ as a bonus disc)

As part of this rollout, Placebo are being profiled as part of the Deezer Elite UK launch, a section of Deezer that allows users a high-resolution audio streaming service.

The band’s self titled first album helped pave the way for a strong shift in British music acting as an antithesis to Britpop, inspiring a generation of bands to follow them. Placebo went on to claim their place in British music history with five top ten albums in the UK, collaborating with music legends including amongst others David Bowie, Robert Smith + Michael Stipe and playing sold out tours and festival headline slots across the globe.

Over the next twelve months Placebo will re-release their milestone albums, remastered for the first time on high quality 180 gr vinyl. The first release will be their debut album on very limited edition red vinyl, as part of Record Store Day celebrations on 18th April. More details of these re-releases and other catalogue activity, special events and exclusive archive material around the 20 Year anniversary will be announced in due course.  

So excited for this. But I'm really confused by the dates. It looks like all of them are being rolled out within the same week, one year from now (with the debut album being released Feb 16, 2016). But then it says their debut album will be released on RSD. Am I just being an idiot here or what? 

Well that clears it up. I was indeed just being an idiot. Thanks!

I was confused at first too. I got all excited thinking those were the vinyl release dates. I guess its starting on record store day and my guess is there will be a new one every other month or so leading into 2016.

I was confused at first too. I got all excited thinking those were the vinyl release dates. I guess its starting on record store day and my guess is there will be a new one every other month or so leading into 2016.

Thats too much guessing. Haha. I dont guess for the first part, its fact.