Comic Con 2018 (SDCC) - New Year Same Old Thread

stl_ben

I'll tell you where not too meet, the zombie walk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VubSTYBv0TQ

But thank god he's being charged: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-zombie-crash-20150225-story.html

If you can take a cab, go to Mission Hills. Try Lucha Libre, Gelato across the street, M Theory Records up the hill, then Bronx Pizza down the street. Then head to Hillcrest. Salt & Cleaver has awesome sausages, it's also gay town, so all good vibes, then there's Record City in the same 'town' in Hillcrest. If you want to totally avoid the downtown crowd late at night, head down to Blind Lady Ale House, known for their craft beers, good pizza. Or try North Park, hit up Tiger! Tiger!, Modern Times, Belching Beaver or if you crave some ramen, there's a real tasty noodle house called Tajima also in Hillcrest, they're open late. If your wife is craving dessert, hit up Extraordinaire. If it's day time, hit up Babycakes also in Hillcrest. I don't know many people who actually IN downtown or really hang out there, it's more for the South Bay/North County residents who love clubbing and "fine-ish" dining, all the fun stuff is in Barrio Logan, North Park, South Park, Mission Hills, Hillcrest (basically the outskirts)

Biglebowski! You're gonna be literally less than a mile away from I live. If you end up getting hungry for some mexican food, I recommend these places, California Taco Shop, Lolitas (a bit further away, there's one in downtown at PetCo Park (where Padres play) but I don't know if it's open all year around, might wanna look that up, but highly recommended, it's as good as Mexican food gets here)

Anywho, good luck gents

I can't be too upset when it's 10 degrees at home but the rain this weekend has me bummed. I wanted to get up to Torrey Pines and play a $250 round of golf. No Chargers, no Padres. Nights are nice and warm but can't do a ton outdoors cause I have class until 4 and it's dark at 5:30. I might check out some of those food recommendations but can only eat and drink so much.

I don't know. I'm enjoying it. Just wish I could be doing more. I am here for work, though.

Went and played golf at Torrey Pines yesterday. There were dudes hang-gliding off the cliffs and over the Pacific Ocean. Kinda terrifying and awesome at the same time. Maybe you could give it a go.

I tried a restaurant called Juniper and Ivy because it is owned by Richard Blais (the guy from Top Chef). Watch the show and wanted to try his food. Kinda confirmed what I expected -- it was a really good $30 dinner, but not exponentially better than the guy on base selling $5 burritos out of a food truck. Those guys don't know some secret that the average chef doesn't.

Favorite place I've eaten has been Mitch's Seafood. Little shack, nothing fancy, but I love seafood and it's good.

Went to Cabrillo National Monument yesterday afternoon. It was OK. The monument is nothing. It's really just a really scenic location to walk around and see the San Diego Bay and Pacific Ocean.

Headed to Balboa Park today. Lot of museums there. It's pouring rain so that kills a lot of activities (I'd probably play golf again today if I could). Can't stay in a hotel room alone for 12 hours without going insane.

Just some thoughts after having been here a week. I'm definitely not an authoritative source on San Diego, though.

Got a creative professional pass for me and a comp for my GF

First comic con ever. Gimme tips!

Sweet! Yeah I will fill this thread up with tips!

Do you have a room yet?  Pre-sales are up for some hotels now, but the main hotels don't go on sale for a few weeks.

Hotels are crazy hard to get....thats why I went Air BnB this year.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...