Comic Con 2018 (SDCC) - New Year Same Old Thread

stl_ben

My point is not that he's flipping, I'm just letting all the uninformed know - stl_ben ain't buying you shit at comiccon.

I think it's pretty clear after 3 pages, that the only other person going to SDCC is kess (lol). Every other post has been a request.

Pretty simple concept, but people keep posting. 

EDIT: Also, if you can't smell the smug satisfaction ben is getting from this thread, you're dead to me Wizard.

My point is not that he's flipping, I'm just letting all the uninformed know - stl_ben ain't buying you shit at comiccon.

I think it's pretty clear after 3 pages, that the only other person going to SDCC is kess (lol). Every other post has been a request.

Pretty simple concept, but people keep posting. 

EDIT: Also, if you can't smell the smug satisfaction ben is getting from this thread, you're dead to me Wizard.

Hahaha! I see it, I see it. I just don't understand all the requests in the first place, y'know?

Well as I said once before in the Mondo thread, I will gladly pick up the Superman record for anyone who has an extra of the Batman diecut (either color) to trade.  

If something is as easy as walking up and buying an extra of I would gladly help out....if you are asking for something that takes several hours of time it probably aint happening.  

But no one has asked for the easy to get stuff, they just want the hard to get items (LEGO, Pop, Magic...).  

Was wondering if anyone was kind enough to grab me those exclusive SDCC Invader Zim comic book variants? huge fan and need these two covers - paypal will be ready  :D

here are the two covers:

http://onipress.tumblr.com/post/121120061117/invader-zim-1-variant-cover-by-bryankonietzko

http://onipress.tumblr.com/post/119615355114/zim-takes-over-san-diego-previews-exclusive

Was wondering if anyone was kind enough to grab me those exclusive SDCC Invader Zim comic book variants? huge fan and need these two covers - paypal will be ready  :D

here are the two covers:

http://onipress.tumblr.com/post/121120061117/invader-zim-1-variant-cover-by-bryankonietzko

http://onipress.tumblr.com/post/119615355114/zim-takes-over-san-diego-previews-exclusive

I can probably get these.  Shoot me a PM.  Most comic books aren't that hard to get.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-sdcc-2015-exclusive-set-official-box-art-images/

Is how it's being done different from last year?

Those prices are insane

Yes it is being done differently (thank god).  Last year it was just a mad dash to the booth and first X number of people in line got to buy the exclusive sets....and normally dealers from other booths would fill up the line before regular attendees could even get on the show floor.  This year thanks to the randomize everyone should have a more equal shot at them.  While yes the $39.99 price tag is pretty expensive for such small sets, they are already selling for around $200 on ebay so LEGO isn't exactly being pressured to lower their prices.

Yes it is being done differently (thank god). Last year it was just a mad dash to the booth and first X number of people in line got to buy the exclusive sets....and normally dealers from other booths would fill up the line before regular attendees could even get on the show floor. This year thanks to the randomize everyone should have a more equal shot at them. While yes the $39.99 price tag is pretty expensive for such small sets, they are already selling for around $200 on ebay so LEGO isn't exactly being pressured to lower their prices.

I totally understand Legos price tag. Are the minifigures done the old way? Are they usually free?

I totally understand Legos price tag. Are the minifigures done the old way? Are they usually free?

Yeah the minifigures are free, as far as they have said they will be done the same as previous years.  1,500 given away randomly, by pushing the bad cop / good cop randomizer button.  So far I have only seen the Arrow and Captain America figures announced...there should be 2 more guys for the other two days.  I would expect Scooby Do and Star Wars, but hoping one is a surprise Doctor Who!