PO: Faith No More - Sol Invictus (Now with US Gold Vinyl link)

Count me in.

It's not bad, neither frustrating, even with the fact that I wasn't expecting much from it. It just feels (like most post-reunion albums) like it lacks real intensity although you can feel the commitment to bring something decent to the table. And intensity and originality represented a big deal to FNM back in the day.

I still don't think I'l end up buying it, can't see myself giving it frequent listens.

Same. I've only played it once so far and it didn't really hold my interest. I intend to listen to it again, I'm just excited about too many other things right now to slip this one back in. But it'll happen. And ideally, I'll like it more with time. The good thing is that my hopes weren't too high anyway so it's hard to be disappointed. My expectations were met.

Not at all "nu metal" sounding...what nu metal band sounds like either of those songs?

This band was always borderline nu metal. But in the late 80s and 90s it was original what they were doing. Nothing original about this at all and I loved the band(at least real thing, angel dust, king for a day).

It is ok to have different opinions

This band was always borderline nu metal. But in the late 80s and 90s it was original what they were doing. Nothing original about this at all and I loved the band(at least real thing, angel dust, king for a day).

It is ok to have different opinions

Definitely agree about different opinions, I just don't hear the nu metal. This band had their sound before the term nu metal was ever coined.

Not trying to dismiss your opinion, but which nu metal influences do you hear here? To me, nothing in the vocals or instrumentation sounds like nu metal. It sounds like FNM doing what they've always done.

• 1 month later...

I take it you were there friday? Refused's set = teh boring. But Faith No More was awesome.

I was.

I still enjoyed Refused's set.

I've only listened to their new album once, but I didn't hate it.

I thought they were pretty good.

FNM knocked it out of the park, though.

My first Refused show, but I'd seen FNM before.