The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

VAT is huge. Saves you 20%... it's why I stopped shopping at Norman Records, who I loved... but who continued to charge me VAT when they didn't need to.

What records in the UK does the same thing to me. I only shop there unless it is a really good deal.

I have had really good experiences with Norman Records though. While they charge me the VAT, the shipping is pretty cheap considering the cost of other overseas dealers.

Some UK dealers apply a discount there when shipping abroad.

What records in the UK does the same thing to me. I only shop there unless it is a really good deal.

I have had really good experiences with Norman Records though. While they charge me the VAT, the shipping is pretty cheap considering the cost of other overseas dealers.

Some UK dealers apply a discount there when shipping abroad.

Norman Records used to be my go-to shop in the UK. They have good shipping prices, great taste, etc... but damn...  20%! I feel like they are just pocketing it since they aren't required to charge it. You feel it more when the LP is expensive... if they changed their policies, I would be back in a heartbeat.

Jesu / SKM are doing some additional US dates in the Fall.

1109 Cambridge, MA @ The Sinclair
11/10 Brooklyn, NY @ Warsaw
11/11 Philadelphia, PA @ TLA
11/13 Chicago, IL @ Park West
11/15 Austin, TX @ Mohawk
11/17 Los Angeles, CA @ Regent
11/18 San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
11/19 Seattle, WA @ Moore Theatre

Old Ramon up on Sub Pop now. Not seeing anything relating to a Loser edition though. Looks like they just made the old version available again so I expect this really is the same except for maybe the runouts.

https://megamart.subpop.com/releases/red_house_painters/old_ramon

Rumor has it that Mark threatened to write a song about trying to buy colored vinylz on the internet and Sub Pop refrained us from having to hear another song by Mr. Kozelek about his day