The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

Quite a Koz filled mail day for me, got my copy of Old Ramon and SKM/Jesu.  Here's a photo of Old Ramon.  I think the colors go very well with the artwork.

Did Bandcamp send you a shipping email or tracking number or did it just show up? Beautiful and works so well with the jacket colors!

Got mine in today from sub pop without any email confirmation, hella stoked though.

They've been on a roll with the smoke colored vinyl, heron oblivion and the love letter for fire was on smoke color too.

I'm gonna put side "b" on repeat and get stupid high as soon as the mariners are done crushin the Angels

Surprisingly, this is the first thing he's done since Sunshine in Chicago that I haven't hated

I can understand his shift to a degree because of the idea of not wanting to be a greatest hits machine touring just to make money, but by doing amazing covers he just turns into a traveling karaoke act instead... why can he not just use this approach to his own songs again?

more info for the lazy

Mark Kozelek Sings Favorites
Release Date: May 27, 2016
(Caldo Verde Records)

Mark Kozelek sings a few of his favorite songs, plus favorites of friends and loved ones. The album includes covers of 10CC, Waylon Jennings, Modest Mouse, Bob Seger, and more. Piano by Chris Connolly of Desertshore/ Sun Kil Moon. Guest singers include Mike Patton, Mimi Parker, Minnie Driver, Will Oldham and Rachel Goswell. The album will be available on CD and digitally and will stream 1 week before the release date at www.caldoverderecords.com. The album will be available on vinyl in late 2017. 

Pre-order CD NOW at caldoverderecords.com. All CD orders direct at caldoverderecords.com will receive a free "Down In the Willow Garden" EP.

Track Listing:
1. Send In The Clowns
2. Moon River
3. I'm Not In Love
4. Win
5. Mainstreet
6. Another Day
7. Somewhere Over The Rainbow
8. Amanda
9. Get Along Home Cindy
10. O Holy Night
11. Something Stupid