The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

4 hours ago, museummouth said:

White April for $200 is way overpriced. Granted maybe I'm just saying that cause I got mine for $80. $300 ish for Ghosts sealed is normal. My local has one for that price but just cut it to $250 because it hasn't sold. 

I just bought the white marbled ghosts from Arrow's that was under 250.00

it has no obi but I had the black one so I just swapped it out.

it was the last promo I needed.

2 minutes ago, JohnMatrix said:

I just bought a Clear copy of Third and Seneca and it isn't on Discogs at all. Does anyone know why? All the Vinyl Films site says its /500 (Future Boxset)

AFAIK, someone either: (a) broke up the Vinyl Films boxset and sold it individually; or (b) there were extra copies from assembling the boxset and they somehow got out into the wild (I'm pretty sure, based on some chatter on Pearl Jam boards, that this happened to the McCready EP as well).

10 minutes ago, Seafinch said:

Damn. Today is my wife's due date, and he's playing tonight - assuming she's not in labour I might go,

11 minutes ago, wbhendrix said:

Just saw him a few weeks ago in Austin. Interesting show to say the least 

If you go, your wife's response might be far more interesting than the show

4 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

Is he going off the rails or something? Seems no one is overly enamoured by his performances.

i saw him at the beginning of this year and it was incredible, one of the best sets i've ever seen. was at the jesu/skm boston show & it just sounded off - it was the first day of tour and they had all traveled from different parts of the world (without practicing i'd assume) the day before.

was pretty funny to see people expecting a jesu set walk out once they realized that the 50 year old man on stage wasn't going to stop mumbling over the songs lol

2 hours ago, wbhendrix said:

Just saw him a few weeks ago in Austin. Interesting show to say the least 

I was at the show in austin I thought it was great and hilarious. Prefect to me. I already had everything for sale at the merch table but the only vinyl that was available was live in Copenhagen and The Jesu/Sun Kil Moon self titled. I'm really excited for the  follow Jesu/Sun Kil Moon Album. 

1 hour ago, JohnMatrix said:

Also my brother went to see him in SF a few weeks back. He is a bigger fan of Mark than I am and he said it was pretty disappointing. He said he complained most of the set and it was very awkward. Then he cancelled the next night in Seattle

Yep, I was at the same show and can confirm. I also made the mistake of taking my girlfriend so I got to hear complaining after the show as well.

8 hours ago, simple_torture said:

(b) there were extra copies from assembling the boxset and they somehow got out into the wild (I'm pretty sure, based on some chatter on Pearl Jam boards, that this happened to the McCready EP as well).

A clear box of the McCready EPs were sold on ebay by a wharehouse that dealt with overstocks well before the boxset even came out which was interesting. Partially due to that they had less than 500 of the McCready eps.  But they also ended up with 40 some less clear Koo Kim's than they thought they had. So they ended up only doing 444 boxes total. That means there are a 50+ spare clears of everything else except those 2. So don't be surprised to see more around at some point.

On 12/8/2016 at 9:25 AM, Seafinch said:

Anyone seen Mark live lately? He selling anything good at current shows?

Saw him here a couple days ago. All he had for merch was Jesu/Sun Kil Moon shirts and a couple standard copies of Christmas songs on vinyl. The show was pretty lackluster. He had a keyboard player with him and a drum machine that got used once. Didn't even bring a guitar on stage. I stayed for about half the show and ended up leaving early. I loved the last time I saw him, but this was just kind of uninspiring. He was in a much better mood this time though.