The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

2 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

Hes never going to return to the singing/metaphor lyrics of RHP or early SKM again. I don't know why people keep holding out hope.

He actually discussed it a bit in the interview with Phoebe Bridgers. 

Well, hopefully his sound evolves to something different, because this period fucking sucks balls

Yes. Let down once again by Koz post-Benji. BUT:

I think if there's one songwriter who's earned the right to fuck around for the rest of his life and mumble mundane bullshit into a microphone for indie-fest kids it's the guy who made Down Colorful Hill, Rollercoaster, Bridge, Ocean Beach, Ghosts of the Great Highway, etc. In his prime, he was without question - the actual greatest songwriter to ever live, fight me.

Still not paying actual dollars for this one. I was however, more than happy to pick up the reissue of Ghosts last week though.

11 hours ago, topher said:

I think if there's one songwriter who's earned the right to fuck around for the rest of his life and mumble mundane bullshit into a microphone for indie-fest kids it's the guy who made Down Colorful Hill, Rollercoaster, Bridge, Ocean Beach, Ghosts of the Great Highway, etc. In his prime, he was without question - the actual greatest songwriter to ever live, fight me.

That’s the reason we’re all pissed. It would be like if Paul McCartney started doing this shit. You just know he’s better than that and it’s painful to watch

thats also a terrible argument. Spielberg hasn't earned the right to put out shitty movies in 2018 since he gave us ET, Jaws, Saving Private Ryan, Jurassic Park and Raiders of the lost Ark.

Edited by Tommy

• 2 months later...

I really enjoyed this album. Stoked to have a proper copy to listen to

I'm guessing he's completely done with variants and colors at this point though. There hasn't been anything but standard black since Benji at this point unless you count that Newbury exclusive of the first Jesu record

Edited by JohnMatrix

1 hour ago, JohnMatrix said:

I really enjoyed this album. Stoked to have a proper copy to listen to

I'm guessing he's completely done with variants and colors at this point though. There hasn't been anything but standard black since Benji at this point unless you count that Newbury exclusive of the first Jesu record

is he even selling vinyl on the caldo site anymore either? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...