The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

39 minutes ago, bonedigger said:

This release is listed as LPx2+ does anyone know if there is bonus material associated with this edition?  I think the rough trade exclusives are usually jut listed as LP+ 

Both the blue and the black are double lps according to rough trade UK. US site just didn't list the black that way.

Edited by fish

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2019 at 12:45 PM, JohnMatrix said:

The vinyl releases have become very random with Mark. I finally stopped buying them though after compulsively needing to have every release. I just don't listen to anything he's done the last few years at all

Same here.  I listen to them off and on when they arrive and then they don't get pulled off the shelf after that.  I find some enjoyment in the new releases, but I think I'll be fine with digital from here on out.

6 minutes ago, fish said:

Sad that he went from selling hundreds of albums in minutes to where he is now. That new album, limited to 300 copies has been available through Rough Trade for 2+ months. I recently sold most of my collection post ATL with a couple exceptions for the same reasons jonrawks mentions.

Not available anymore lol went to buy it today 

I cant even listen to the new stuff at this point. I really don't mind the stream of consciousness style. I love the Desersthore/Perils from the Sea/Benji era probably the most. The problem is he no longer even pretends to sing. Its just talking over jazz music at this point. I feel like he should be wearing a beret and smoking a cigarette