PO: Modest Mouse - Building Nothing Out Of Something/Interstate 8-Live at Sunburst Montana

2iwaelw.jpg

Front outer sleeve, front cover

Back outer sleeve, back cover

11imn92.jpg

Front cover with outer sleeve, front inner sleeve

back inner sleeve, back cover with outer sleeve.

They're not super heavy, but not flimsy and it's nicely matte. I'm not crazy about super glossy covers, so this is a positive for me.

that looks fantastic! Anyone know what the "indie exclusive" is? Local store has a listing for it:

http://www.ziarecords.com/p/5471955/modest-mouse-building-nothing-out-of-something-indie-exclusive

According to a guy a few pages back, the BNOoS exclusive is red and the Interstate 8 is blue. From what I read, only European stores were supposed to receive the variants but the same thing was said about LCW and Long Drive and those turned out to have a few different variants. 

So I got Interstate 8 today

I only just finished Sleepwalkin', but to anyone else who has it: is sound quality of yours fucking terrible? The music itself sounds fine, but there's CONSTANT surface noise in the right channel. It honestly sounds like a shellac record in just the right channel. I thought maybe it was something with my needle but no other record has that happening.

Also the beginning of Sleepwalkin sounded ROUGH...

Edit: alright so somewhere during Tundra/Desert it went away, Enter the Sad Parts sounded beautiful. Side B has been a lot better too. Not sure what the deal was...

So I got Interstate 8 today

I only just finished Sleepwalkin', but to anyone else who has it: is sound quality of yours fucking terrible? The music itself sounds fine, but there's CONSTANT surface noise in the right channel. It honestly sounds like a shellac record in just the right channel. I thought maybe it was something with my needle but no other record has that happening.

Also the beginning of Sleepwalkin sounded ROUGH...

Edit: alright so somewhere during Tundra/Desert it went away, Enter the Sad Parts sounded beautiful. Side B has been a lot better too. Not sure what the deal was...

Got this today and listening to the A side and I agree that there is a lot of surface noise on the silent parts (especially at start of Sleepwalking).

Got this today and listening to the A side and I agree that there is a lot of surface noise on the silent parts (especially at start of Sleepwalking).

I don't have a lot of surface noise, but there is some on mine. I gave it a solid cleaning before I played it, so that may have helped. Overall, I'm super happy with it. 

I don't have a lot of surface noise, but there is some on mine. I gave it a solid cleaning before I played it, so that may have helped. Overall, I'm super happy with it. 

It's only noticeable on quiet parts so it's not the biggest deal.

Not to mention, I got it mainly for the B side, which sounds clean

My copy of Building Nothing has a constant clicking all the way through Medicine.  Super annoying on such a quiet song.  It's a noisy pressing in general with clicks and pops throughout the record.  Sounds like a used VG and not a brand new record.  On the + side, the mastering is solid.