Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly

o

Grabbed this today for $18 at Newbury comics with the sale they have going on. Only spun side a so far but it's way better than gkmc in terms of quality.

Damn, good call, I'm going to hop on that today. Gotta be the best price you can get on the record so far.

Did you buy it online? Is there a discount code or something?

They have a 25% off all vinyl for the weekend going on in stores, but unfortunately I don't think it's online. Newbury has been doing a decent amount of similar sales recently, but it always seems to be in-store only, sadly

Gah cant wait for mine to arrive. U is one of the best tracks of the year IMO

*edit*

Ordered this through Amazon and got a message saying it could not be sent due to wrong address, which is weird as I just received a book from amazon which has the exact same address. Sent an email to ask whats happening and got a reply within 4 hours saying it is being rectified and my $6.98 of shipping costs are being refunded. Way to go Amazon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

looks like untitled.unmastered is getting it's first physical release on cd this friday. No word on a vinyl release yet  

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/22369604/kendrick-lamar-untitled-unmastered-explicit-version

We were told vinyl is not on the schedule yet. Based on the past, I imagine that we will see a legit vinyl release in 3-4 months. 

Also, TPAB has been "cut out" on vinyl, which means they are no longer making it. It's probably going to be hard to find once available stocks are depleted.

We were told vinyl is not on the schedule yet. Based on the past, I imagine that we will see a legit vinyl release in 3-4 months. 

Also, TPAB has been "cut out" on vinyl, which means they are no longer making it. It's probably going to be hard to find once available stocks are depleted.

When it means 'cut out', does that mean a repressing wouldn't be happening? Seems surprising for an artist that still has another record (GKMC) constantly in the loop.

When it means 'cut out', does that mean a repressing wouldn't be happening? Seems surprising for an artist that still has another record (GKMC) constantly in the loop.

I remember reading somewhere awhile back that Kendrick wouldn't be playing TPAB tracks live for very long, so maybe he intended on a shorter cycle for it. Still seems weird.