Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly

I'm not a big hip-hop/rap fan, but this shit is tight! (Did I do that right?) But honestly, I've really only grown to like a few rappers, the usual West Coast stuff from the 90s, and even then, they aren't usually albums that I can listen to consistently. I'll usually only listen to them if I'm with friends. But I've been reading up a lot on this album because I've heard so much about, and I have listened a few times now. With a bigger understanding of the story Kendrick is telling, the record really comes full circle. It's really interesting to see how it develops throughout the album. Still hard to tell if I can listen to it consistently, but it's hard not to appreciate what Kendrick accomplishes with this album. 

any word of a vinyl release in the pipeline?  In general I haven't been a hip hop fan in 20 years but this album really surprised the hell out of me and I would love to have a copy of it on vinyl.

No word, but his last album was on teh vinlyz, so we will see. 

If not we will get Good Kid, Bootleg City. 

any word of a vinyl release in the pipeline?  In general I haven't been a hip hop fan in 20 years but this album really surprised the hell out of me and I would love to have a copy of it on vinyl.

Both Amoeba and my more local shop have told me it is coming... They expect it in late May/ early Junish

sweet!!!  Thanks for the replies

I know it's usually a crapshoot with vinyl,   like Jay-Z's album took two years to get a limited box set release, and Yeezus is still bootleg only, and those are two albums you would've predicted would be big sellers on wax

Yeah it annoys me.  Though in fairness, most the ones I desperately want were released as mix-tapes (Acid Rap, 1999, Section 80, Doris).  

There are also a lot of iconic underground albums haven't gotten repressed and are (often super) valuable: Shadows of the Sun, Never Better, Float, anything by Cunninlyguists, Innercity Ghosts, ext, ext.

Oh and there is the fact that so many hip-hop releases are of dubious to mediocre sound quality (Good Kid, Marshal Mathers LP, Black Star), or have shitty packaging (Slim Shady LP, anything Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, ext).  Even albums that go for 30ish dollars new like The Fugees The Score.

There's been not much (if any) news about an official pressing, so vinyl-digital suddenly listing TPAB can only mean it's a bootleg (I'm also sure the original will cost more). Plus, Drake's IYRTITL got listed at the same time (with the same price) and that one's most definitely a boot, so yeah.

Plus, the tracklist's different.

Yeah it annoys me. Though in fairness, most the ones I desperately want were released as mix-tapes (Acid Rap, 1999, Section 80, Doris).

There are also a lot of iconic underground albums haven't gotten repressed and are (often super) valuable: Shadows of the Sun, Never Better, Float, anything by Cunninlyguists, Innercity Ghosts, ext, ext.

Oh and there is the fact that so many hip-hop releases are of dubious to mediocre sound quality (Good Kid, Marshal Mathers LP, Black Star), or have shitty packaging (Slim Shady LP, anything Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, ext). Even albums that go for 30ish dollars new like The Fugees The Score.