Records from bands you didn't know were so expensive/rare until joining VC

Now, Now - Threads

I got it for Christmas 3 years ago I think, and it always shocks me that it goes for $100's now when I remember seeing it at the record store for $20, I'm always think I'm lucky to have it because I think I would have skipped it thinking I'd be able to get it later.

I was super broke when Now Now threw these on their online store, so I had my younger brother grab a copy for me. Man I'm stoked I had him do that.

I was super broke when Now Now threw these on their online store, so I had my younger brother grab a copy for me. Man I'm stoked I had him do that.

Yeah that's what sucks about this hobby, you can't wait until next week because it may be gone and you'll have to pay too much on the after market.

I was shocked when I saw what it was going for. I actually picked up a copy from someone here years ago. I can't find the exact price because all those PM's were lost when the site transferred, but I swear I had them add it to whatever I was getting from them for $10. Who knew?

May have been me. I sold my copy for like $10 on here years ago. I actually had it in a couple sale threads before it finally sold too. Was not in high demand at all just a few years ago. I had no idea it was worth more than that until just now.

Holy shit! The last two have gone for $305 and $300! Are you kidding me? That's nuts. And to think I almost pulled the trigger when it was up for sale.

Wow. I remember when Hands Like Houses was such a small band like a year and a half ago when really no one knew about them. That's crazy how much their fan base has grown since then. Granted I only know 2 songs by them but still.

No fucking way. I have that in my possession right now. My best friend and I bought it for my sister as a gift when it came out. She never got a turntable, so it sat on a shelf for years. I've been "borrowing" it for like two months.

Most paramore vinyl outside of their last album goes for stupid prices. I like Paramore but I can justify that.

Wow. I remember when Hands Like Houses was such a small band like a year and a half ago when really no one knew about them. That's crazy how much their fan base has grown since then. Granted I only know 2 songs by them but still.

Honestly I wouldn't mind their first piece getting pressed. I never heard their second, but I know it came out when Rise was doing small pressings.

Now that I think about it Mayday Parade, and Go Radio belong in these threads cause those albums are pretty expensive on the secondhand market last time I checked.

Honestly I wouldn't mind their first piece getting pressed. I never heard their second, but I know it came out when Rise was doing small pressings.

Now that I think about it Mayday Parade, and Go Radio belong in these threads cause those albums are pretty expensive on the secondhand market last time I checked.

Mayday Parade's Self Titled is so hard to come by, it's definitely one of my white whales. Right up there with The Graduates-Only Every Time. So hard to track down a copy.

The Graduate popped up on Ebay for $50 and I didn't pull the trigger because I was too stressed about money, still pissed at myself for it.

Most paramore vinyl outside of their last album goes for stupid prices. I like Paramore but I can justify that.

Damn, I had no clue how valuable it is. May try to buy her collection since its largely untouched. She also has some deluxe box version of the s/t from Paramore, the Mark Tom And Travis Show, and Take Off Your Pants and Jacket with the colored 7"s.

Mayday Parade's self titled just sold on eBay for over $300 earlier this week. Looks like I'm holding out for a repress.