A podcast I'm a part of: Warped & Creased

i guess i don't post here often, more so deadformat, but i figured some of you would be interested in a podcast i record with my best friend. it's called 'Warped & Creased', and you guessed it, it's mainly about music, records, cassettes, and the joys of collecting. each episode contains musical selections somewhat related to the subject at hand, this makes us unable to join itunes' podcasting service, but we feel it's worth it. Its a safe bet to say we focus a little more on "heavy" music, perhaps a little too underground at times, but most of the time I'm sure anyone that is into this world on more than a casual basis will know what we're on about. we're pretty opinionated, often meandering and sometimes drunk, but we try to make things as factual as we can while maintaining some humor.

you can use this link for direct downloads for computers or on your mobile-device if you have a podcasting app: http://warpedandcreased.libsyn.com/rss

here's a list of episode synopses that we have done thus far, hope you find something you will enjoy:

episode 1 - march 22, 2014 - best of 2013/establishing tastes
it's our first attempt! a bit long-winded...and terrible. we're sorry. you can skip it if you want.
we'll try to be more concise in the future.
features tracks from: Beastmilk, Portal and Capsule.

episode 2 - april 19, 2014 - record store day 2014
we talk about the day that was, prices, releases and our general disdain for the way record "collectors" behave during these events. we also get nostalgic and speak on past RSD experiences.
features tracks from: Pinback, Failure and Cave In.

episode 3 - may 30, 2014 - best of 2014, thus far
our favorite LPs and EPs of 2014 so far, with some short discussion on a couple of let downs.
features tracks from: Helms Alee, Dust Moth and Primitive Man

episode 4 - july 27, 2014 - Thou
our first episode dedicated to a single band. special guest mr. colin stothers joins us as we talk through just about the entire discography, highlighting our favorite and least favorite Thou material.
features tracks from: Thou

episode 5 - august 30, 2014 - the cassette resurgence
join us on a medicated/drunken attempt to understand the cassette comeback of the last couple years, while coming to grips with our anger toward a bandwagon-ing generation of collectors and producers. also, a slight spotlight on some generally overlooked cassette releases and labels. this one gets messy.
features cassette only tracks from: Have a Nice Life, Ancestortooth and The Fucking Champs

episode 6 - october 11, 2014 - a death metal retrospective
this time, we show our age and explain our humble beginnings: stupid teenagers forever changed by the massive force that was death metal. discussions on our favorite bands and labels within the genre followed by our outgrowing and general dismissal of many of those same entities. a tiny glimmer at the end of the tunnel/episode from a few DM bands that have more recently caught our attention by breaking the mold of boring shit set before them.
features tracks from: Morbid Angel, Augury and Entombed

episode 7 - november 22, 2014 - soundtracks
we try something new this time and play some soundtrack music under our discussion. is it distracting? is it cool? maybe both? either way it was a giant pain in the ass to do, and it won't happen again. we talk about our favorite movie music and the increasing popularity of pressing unnecessary/horrible soundtracks to appeal to variant collectors across the globe. a warning, there may be some bitterness.
features tracks from: Goblin and Explosions in the Sky and some quieter selections from: Bill Conti, John Carpenter, Ulver, Joe Hisiashi and a ton of other shit.

episode 8 - december 21 , 2014 - black metal christmas

in the true spirit of christmas, we talk black metal. it's roots, it's mystique and how the genre has expanded far beyond the traditional style. short discussions on some of our favorite bands, both new and old.
features tracks from: Amesoeurs, Craft, Leviathan and Avsky

episode 9 - jan.24, 2015 - best of 2014
we've been very anxious to get this one out there. for a total change, we spend nearly an hour of the show talking about things we actually enjoyed last year(!), with only a modest amount of time allocated to shitting on the stuff we didn't. listen carefully for my drunken rants on the newest Mono record, the newest HANL record and anything else i talk about in the last half of the episode. enjoy!
features tracks from: Lantlos, Cynic and Coffinworm

episode 10 - february 21, 2015 - color
this time we discuss the wide variety of color vinyl available in the collector market today. explanations on why we think it's cool and why it sometimes (or most times?) isn't.
features tracks from: Vaura, Anne and Hooded Menace.

comments and critizism encouraged!

thanks.

• 3 years later...