PO: Hop Along - Painted Shut

Downloads available tomorrow!

Excellent.  Should be sometime later this morning.  I'm assuming a link will be e-mailed?

[edit]

Just kidding.  I stopped being lazy and started snooping around Saddle Creek's site.  I don't believe I've ordered from them before, so I was unsure how their download policy works.  But if you pre-ordered, you can log into their site and grab the full album from this page.

Hot Green emailed me back the other day saying it shipped. Took like 18 days, but I think it's on it's way at least.

While it's on my mind, I just realized my "Get Disowned" Hop Along record never showed up when they said it was "coming my way" which was now 25 days ago, about 45 days since the order was placed. Ya'll weren't joking about waiting months for this shit.

It keeps getting better. The guitar tone is so good.

I do kinda wish they left sister cities off or released it as a single. I would've preferred this been a 9 track record that ended before sister cities. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that song. It just feels like it was dropped on the end as an after thought.

mannnn why the Sister Cities hate? I think it's a great closer

No hate. I love the song. It was released way prior to the band even signing to SC. It was already in the world and built its own context and identity that wasn't part of the rest of this record. I think it would have been cool to rerelease it as a 7" with a b-side maybe. I also think the record would close beautifully on track 9. Just my thoughts.

Well-Dressed is a hell of a song - maybe my favorite off the album - and it even has a bit of a "finale" feel to it... but I don't think its final moments go out with as much of a bang as Sister Cities' do. I can see why the context would feel off to you; almost like they attached a b-side to the end of the record. I guess that would bug me. Not being familiar with the song, though, I couldn't be more grateful that it's on there.

Well-Dressed is a hell of a song - maybe my favorite off the album - and it even has a bit of a "finale" feel to it... but I don't think its final moments go out with as much of a bang as Sister Cities' do. I can see why the context would feel off to you; almost like they attached a b-side to the end of the record. I guess that would bug me. Not being familiar with the song, though, I couldn't be more grateful that it's on there.

Totally. Look it up, though. There as a project that documented the recording and production of Sister Cities. Interesting stuff!

Got this in the mail yesterday and spinning now! I wasn't expecting Priority Mail since I never pay for that option.

Did everyone else get the note about tracks 8 and 9 being accidentally swapped on the vinyl version? I wonder if it was just the deluxe, standard or the entire first pressing.

Sounds real good though!