PO: Hop Along - Painted Shut

No hate. I love the song. It was released way prior to the band even signing to SC. It was already in the world and built its own context and identity that wasn't part of the rest of this record. I think it would have been cool to rerelease it as a 7" with a b-side maybe. I also think the record would close beautifully on track 9. Just my thoughts.

Fair enough, never thought of it that way.

I think Happy to See Me and Texas Funeral are tied for my favourites so far

"Father gets up at" to "Half as much as I am trying to" 2:05-2:30ish of Happy To See Me is probably my favourite vocal line/melody of all time.They could have pressed just that on a loop and it would still be my album of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

was in negotiations for the haze variant today for a bit until the dude demanded 70 shipped so he could pay back his girlfriend for this and also buy another record...

SO if anyone just isn't feeling this or made an impulse purchase, i am more than willing to buy it for more than cost.. just not THAT much more. :)

what e-mail did you send that to? I ordered Get Disowned on March 13th and it's still not here yet, and I can't find an e-mail address anywhere on their website.

Edit: nevermind, found it.

Yeah I emailed them back again after they said it had shipped 4 weeks ago or something, no record yet or response via email. Ordered it like 8 weeks ago.

was in negotiations for the haze variant today for a bit until the dude demanded 70 shipped so he could pay back his girlfriend for this and also buy another record...

SO if anyone just isn't feeling this or made an impulse purchase, i am more than willing to buy it for more than cost.. just not THAT much more. :)

I think we were negotiating with the same guy. I'm trying to find one too and that guy pulled a similar story.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I emailed them back again after they said it had shipped 4 weeks ago or something, no record yet or response via email. Ordered it like 8 weeks ago.

Still haven't received it, it's been four months. I've e-mailed them three times and haven't received a single reply. I'm gonna tweet the band tomorrow and see if there's anything they can do on their end, even though I suspect probably not.

• 7 years later...
2 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Oh fuck yea! Thanks!

On 9/16/2022 at 11:15 AM, xfactor675 said:

Down in the valley sold out but dark side still has some, thanks for the heads up!

• 4 weeks later...