Turnover - Peripheral Vision

Haha someone in the band called my friend a "dumbass" for saying that he thought the new songs sounded like Title Fight. Now Vice premieres a new song and describes the album as "in the vein of Title Fight."

If I am thinking of the right tweet, you're leaving out the fact that it was worded in a rude / antagonistic way. Just sayin. Also, these songs sound nothing like Title Fight in my opinion.

Glad everyone is excited about this record! The vinyl looks great. 

If I am thinking of the right tweet, you're leaving out the fact that it was worded in a rude / antagonistic way. Just sayin. Also, these songs sound nothing like Title Fight in my opinion.

Glad everyone is excited about this record! The vinyl looks great. 

You're right, it was meant to be humorous and not just "these songs remind me of the new Title Fight songs." They both had had somewhat angsty/distorted/punkish albums and then switched to lots of reverb and clean guitars around the same time so that explains the comparison and the joke he made. He was not meaning to be antagonistic, he's a fan of the band.

I just think it's funny that a few people replied to him saying that he's and idiot and that the two sound nothing alike, and now the site premiering a new song makes the same comparison.